Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Well we've established the opinion polls were complete rubbish. 10 point lead for Biden - that was funny.

Clinton lost Florida by 100,000 votes. Biden on course to lose it by 400,000. Pollsters had him winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭listermint

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Ugh i was hoping for this to be over one way or the other. How many more days can we expect this to run on for ?

29 million votes to count...

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

The fact you guys still are convincing yourselves sleepy Joe will win

Bless

Lol

If biden knew where he was/is then he'd have been making a speech tonight.

His team had already said that they would not concede under any circumstances.

This will probably drag out for a few weeks but Trump has it in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You mean if they count every vote? You Trumpists hate democracy don't you. Why are you so afraid that every vote would be counted?

Because everyone can can vote now.
    They want to go back to when America was great for white folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Biden needs to stand aside

An absolute embarrassment of a campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did. I just didn't see the news. Thanks

You also don't seem to have seen my post about trump saying he does not want all votes counted. He said it in his speech that you seem to have missed too.

Does that change your view of him, considering you have said that you think all valid votes should be counted?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The map on the Guardian website is shocking, with an overwhelming sea of red states. Not looking good for Biden.

You do know that the big red bits in the middle are mostly fields an mountains. The small blue bits of the map are where the people live.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Biden will take Georgia and NC and therefore the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Declaring victory and going to court. How has this tantrum throwing moron picked up so many votes.

Plenty of skeletons in the closet. Trump is absolutely terrified of losing the presidency.
    :D

You're in shock. Not surprising. I told you all the polls were wrong but you would listen. Like last time rassamus were the only polling company right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

rosser44 wrote: »
    You also don't seem to have seen my post about trump saying he does not want all votes counted. He said it in his speech that you seem to have missed too.

Does that change your view of him, considering you have said that you think all valid votes should be counted?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What's a good alternative to the electoral college?

It's not perfect but at least all areas of America get represented. Leaving it to popular vote would mean the major cities would decide it every time.

Electoral college has that exact same issue though. Look at the maps on TV now, the States' overall electoral college votes go to the popular vote winner in that State, and youll see the same urban (blue) v rural (red) voting.

Same thing, smaller scale. Fairer for me would be overall popular vote

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Ugh i was hoping for this to be over one way or the other. How many more days can we expect this to run on for ?

Military ballots can be received up to 7 days after Election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Biden needs to win remaining votes to be counted in Pennsylvania by something like 4 to 1 to win there. That's very unlikely to happen. Trump will win there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Biden seems to be ahead? He’s down as 220 and Trump as 213??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

listermint wrote: »
    29 million votes to count...

How many off those are in the States that matter?

Is the postal vote big enough to swing what seems like a few big leads in the swing states?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden needs to stand aside

An absolute embarrassment of a campaign.

Oh look another Trumpist who doesn't want people's votes to be counted. In fairness lads, you are all getting in line behind your leader this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden will take Georgia and therefore the election.

Very close. Atlanta metro area could bring Biden over.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1323904876963835905

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Has counting stopped for the night?

Are there any developments expected this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

How bad is Biden for it to be this close?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I'll bite. Which of the presidents polices from his re-election campaign are the ones that stand out to you?

All of them

• Advertisement

Well we've established the opinion polls were complete rubbish. 10 point lead for Biden - that was funny.

Clinton lost Florida by 100,000 votes. Biden on course to lose it by 400,000. Pollsters had him winning it.

Don't listen to the pollsters, listen to the statisticians:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/florida/

lawred2 wrote: »

Counting going through the night, I gather Wisconsin is the state where we're likely to see movement soonest other than the likes of Hawaii and Alaska which aren't disputed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

spook_cook wrote: »
    Another stunningly accurate prediction all round from the resident experts here :D

Me excluded . Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

He also mentioned something about his winning margin in Texas not being "tabulated". Maybe he think it's PR and he can transfer?! I'm not sure he understands how it all works.

I think out of everybody in the whole world, he is the guy that understands how it works. Most peaceful american president in history, on course to win a second term without using a war to buy votes, hounded by every agency in his own country while his opposition seems crooked as hell, they call him uncle Donald in the middle east and he is nominated for 2, count them, two nobel peace prizes in just one term in office.

When people riot because they want to tell people how to vote, normal people who like democracy react. Normal people dont want democracy challenged by the loudest or most armed,thats like how it works in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

All of them

Any sign of the 18 months of research on the Florida election that had you convinced Trump would win there by 10%+? You got that one pretty wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The map on the Guardian website is shocking, with an overwhelming sea of red states. Not looking good for Biden.

The likes of Nebraska and the Dakotas have three people in them. Very small parts of the electoral college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Another stunningly accurate prediction all round from the resident experts here :D

They haven't a clue.

lawred2 wrote: »

Pennsylvania counties (some of them) will be counting early ballots through the night, some won't start counting until 9AM (5.5 hours away)

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

No

Thats good to know, all your talk of respecting the democratic process is just bullsh1t, you are just a sycophant who would back him regardless of his criminal behaviour.

Nice of you to clarify that boss!:D

• Advertisement

I owe €20 to the Simon Community for my poor prediction!

I'm not expert but I was bullish and got it very wrong. Impressive showing from the Republicans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement