Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Overheal wrote: »
    Definitely. Too early too call yet. This is the state of things based on races called/toss-ups according to associated press.

531693.PNG

Better than expected then, I thought this would be fairly one way listening to the news last night.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Can someone explain, in layman terms for the dumb blonde posting (me, I'm not dumb, just using a stereotype) why the election is not won by votes.
    Theres 5 million votes. One person gets 251 million votes, the other gets 249 million votes, then whoever has the most votes win.
    Why do they do it different states? And not the whole Country

Because heavily populated areas like Texas and new york would decide every election. People living in rural states wouldn't get a say.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can someone explain, in layman terms for the dumb blonde posting (me, I'm not dumb, just using a stereotype) why the election is not won by votes.
    Theres 5 million votes. One person gets 251 million votes, the other gets 249 million votes, then whoever has the most votes win.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The fact you guys still are convincing yourselves sleepy Joe will win

Bless

I can show you my research and analysis . It's over

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maybe I'm (most likely) stupid, but why do reporters say that in some areas they have 'shut down counting now because its clear Trump has won'?

If Trump is ahead by 6,000 votes and there are only 5,000 left to count. Why bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its effectively to stop bullying by larger population centres/states. It forces the candidates to fight for votes in the smaller states, as those states have slightly more electoral college votes proportionally to population than the bigger states.
    It keeps the concept that this is a country of united states rather than just one block of people.

That's the reasoning, I'm not defending it or supporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Different states have more votes that go towards the 270 electoral college votes that are needed to be elected.
    CA has 55
    NC has 15

It doesn’t get divided on population.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Question...

Everyone seems to be counting that Pennsylvania will go to Biden because of the 2.2m mail ballots.

But from what I read here overnight, the breakdown of those votes by registration is approx:
    1.2m - Dem
    600k - Rep
    400k - Ind

Well first of all, Trump leads by 675k. If all the registered Dems vote as expected, they lead by 525k. But then the 600k Rep votes if they back their man takes them back into the lead. It falls to the 400k independent votes.

And the elephant in the room is Biden's views on fracking. Will that sway the independent vote towards Trump? Could it even swing some of the Dem registered voters against Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So which bookies are paying out already?
    Whichever bookie decides the payout is less than what the coverage they get is worth

Better than expected then, I thought this would be fairly one way listening to the news last night.

There was loads of optimism about the colossal early turnout. More early votes were cast in Texas than in all of 2016, and they tended to be by registered democrats and independents more so than republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Paddy Power offering me a grand to cash out since last night, I'll hold on for rest Paddy thank you very much..

You got a screenshot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Still way too early to call but I think some people are wishful thinking that every postal ballot is going to be a blue ticket for Biden.

Regardless of what happens now, it's a terrible result for the Democrats to potentially lose to Trump twice. Of course the deplorables will be blamed but Biden should have campaigned on more than "I'm not Trump". I suspect lessons won't be learned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Question...

Everyone seems to be counting that Pennsylvania will go to Biden because of the 2.2m mail ballots.

But from what I read here overnight, the breakdown of those votes by registration is approx:
    1.2m - Dem
    600k - Rep
    400k - Ind

Well first of all, Trump leads by 675k. If all the registered Dems vote as expected, they lead by 525k. But then the 600k Rep votes if they back their man takes them back into the lead. It falls to the 400k independent votes.

And the elephant in the room is Biden's views on fracking. Will that sway the independent vote towards Trump? Could it even swing some of the Dem registered voters against Joe?

Biden has no chance in Pennsylvania. Your logic is correct.

CNN have just admitted it. Expect RTE to admit it as well in around a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

FhSi1wk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Country folks opinions are more important than city folk.

Its a mad system tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Danno wrote: »
    If Trump is ahead by 6,000 votes and there are only 5,000 left to count. Why bother?

So the demoratic officials in a democrat sub election district can find 2000 Biden votes stuffed down the back of the sofa, or look at the spoiled votes and declare some of em for Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

None of the big US stations are calling Arianna yet. Where are people on here seeing that?

Because it was called hours ago in an attempt to put off Republicans who were still queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

MAGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I hope you'll be ok when the Donald loses because of the postal service.

Haha . Must be near the last straw to be clutched

Mod

1 day forum ban for breach of threadban.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Question...

1.2m - Dem
    600k - Rep
    400k - Ind

That's the great unanswered question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

hooray for Darth Cheeto

This is looking great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Liberals in meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

That's the great unanswered question.

It's why bookies have Trump at 2/5 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Each state gets a certain amount of electoral college votes based on a census held every 10 years. So if you win a state you get all the votes of that state and not a proportion based on how much of the vote you won in the state. So in Florida trump gets all 29 electoral votes even though he only just won it. Biden gets nothing though he got close to winning it. The first to 270 wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Akesh wrote: »
    Still way too early to call but I think some people are wishful thinking that every postal ballot is going to be a blue ticket for Biden.

Regardless of what happens now, it's a terrible result for the Democrats to potentially lose to Trump twice. Of course the deplorables will be blamed but Biden should have campaigned on more than "I'm not Trump". I suspect lessons won't be learned again.

This just goes to show you how far media personalities and pollsters will lie to get their candidate over the line. Hope this a wake up call for people.

Percentages for Biden winning pre Election made no sense, whole many people believed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

If you want to create your own fantasy US presidential election map here you go.

If you want to see how things stand in the US right about now here you go

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Ooh, the liberals are throwing a strop!

Well, banning people and cancelling other views in the States didn't work for you did it?

Sums up the support base:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah I think Trump wins PA now

WI, AZ, NV and MI still up in the air

I expect GA and NC go to Trump but there's an outside chance.

I think Trump will win but still top many unknown given how close it is and how low reporting numbers are in some key counties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Trump back into 2/5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

The likes of Nebraska and the Dakotas have three people in them. Very small parts of the electoral college

Yes I know, but it still looks shocking, especially when you see big states like Florida showing red. I know it’s not over yet, but it’s concerning...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement