Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Biden was the fall guy. democrat party knew for last year they wouldnt beat trump. biden knew himself and took the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

no need for a third term Don Jr. will run in 2024

*shudders*

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So about 40 Million votes left to count... Wow

It's all over though according to various experts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Not sure why many are so pro-Trump, Biden would have been a great ally in the upcoming brexit mess.

No he wouldn't. Trump has business interests here, Biden has spoken about bring MNC's back to America on numerous occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Wisconsin is 51.1-47.4 with 94% counted. It's done.
    Biden needs to win the outstanding MI results 80-20.

It's done. :/

Watching CNN just there and they are in complete denial. It's actually pathetic.

Cuomo looks on the edge of a mental breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Not sure why many are so pro-Trump, Biden would have been a great ally in the upcoming brexit mess.

Joe Biden is anti-free trade.

Free trade is out of fashion after Clinton messed up NAFTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump will be running again in 2024 eve if he wins this time.

The law will be changed.

It's not a "law". Presidential terms are limited by the Constitution. Not a hope they'll get that changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭timmyntc

no need for a third term Don Jr. will run in 2024

Will he be old enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So about 40 Million votes left to count... Wow

It always impresses me how it comes down to a margin of error.

Watching CNN just there and they are in complete denial. It's actually pathetic.

Cuomo looks on the edge of a mental breakdown

Think it's time you got some sleep, you're seeing things.

• Advertisement

I'd say it’s a natural pushback from being told that if you aren't aligned with Biden or Harris, you are a racist, homophobe, misogynist, deplorable bigot. I honestly think that the dems went too "left". It's telling that trumps numbers showed an increase with non-white people.

I read that the only demographic he did worse than the last time with was white men, which is bizarre when you consider that we've been told that for 4 years, they were his target base that he was dog whistling to. It's almost as if it was a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Skeetur

They'd rather be proven right on the Internet than have any real benefit to their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

MAGA 4 more years!

4 more years!

Sorry just felt like getting it out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Biden was the fall guy. democrat party knew for last year they wouldnt beat trump. biden knew himself and took the hit.

I don't buy that at all. I think the democrats are actually stupid enough to think he had an actual chance. This is an organisation that backed violent Antifa and BLM over the flipping police force for christ sake that's the level of self awareness they have. How did they think that would end up :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

patnor1011 wrote: »
    And this is precisely why democrats in the US are struggling. They got it wrong the same way you did. This condescending narrative dismissing another side as not educated because they do not share your ideas only clearly show that what you perceive as "educated" is nothing but.

Even their own guy thinks they aren't educated. "I love the poorly educated."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What ever happens from here on out can we all agree that SILENT Trump voter's is a very real thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

If Trump wins, then the Democrats could have run Jesus Christ and Trump would still have won.

Jesus would do better with Latino voters but would struggle with the Muslim and Jewish vote. He'd carry Florida but probably lose New York!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Wisconsin is 51.1-47.4 with 94% counted. It's done.
    Biden needs to win the outstanding MI results 80-20.

It's done. :/

95% counted and less than a percentage point in it according to Google. Where are you getting your numbers from?

Nate Silver said the FiveThirtyEight odds of a Joe Biden victory in the 2020 presidential election are still at 90% — right where they were at the start of Election Night before polls closed. President Donald Trump, meanwhile, has a 7% chance of re-election.

A number of outlets have called Florida for Trump and Arizona for Biden — both key battleground states.

On ABC News early Wednesday morning, the editor of FiveThirtyEight said “Joe Biden still has a few paths for victory,” including winning Arizona (which ABC has not yet called) and Georgia (which no outlet has called). Trump, meanwhile, has “to win every path.”

“It’s leaning Biden at this point,” Silver said. “Ironically we kind of wind up about where we were at the start of the night, where if you were putting odds on it you might say Trump has a 1 in 10 chance or something.”

“After everything where we’ve gone through tonight we’re still about where we started?” ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos asked.

Silver noted that Trump won Florida by a bigger margin than in 2016, but that Biden is leading in Arizona. Meanwhile, Biden’s win in Minnesota is good news for Biden in Wisconsin, where Trump still has a lead though the remaining votes are likely to be “very blue.”

While Biden is also behind in Pennsylvania, the remaining mail vote is also very blue. Silver said the state will probably be the last to decide.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/nate-silver-says-trump-still-has-just-a-7-chance-of-winning/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Bertie Ahern predicting a Biden win on Newstalk only a half hour ago. Pat Kenny very deflated this morning. What an upset this could be. If Trump pulls it off it will be some win!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Did anyone check on the Young Turks? They are surely close to melting into a puddle at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

I don't buy that at all. I think the democrats are actually stupid enough to think he had an actual chance. This is an organisation that backed violent Antifa and BLM over the flipping police force for christ sake that's the level of self awareness they have. How did they think that would end up :pac:

Yep, Biden saying Antifa is 'just an idea' with shops in poor areas regularly burning down. It looks likely there will be a lot of ideas crashing through windows and burning cars in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Michigan could be very close. Critical state at this state. Without it Biden is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anyone have stats on mail ballots to this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Democrats are absolutely useless in fairness. Looks like they'll stay in the minority in the Senate. The House will go to the Democrats alright which means a divided government no matter if Biden or Trump wins. As such not a whole lot will get done in Congress yet again. That actually, as weird as it sounds, is very good for the economy as neither party can implement their own ideas which is generally good for the economy as there is less political interference etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

I'd say it’s a natural pushback from being told that if you aren't aligned with Biden or Harris, you are a racist, homophobe, misogynist, deplorable bigot. I honestly think that the dems went too "left". It's telling that trumps numbers showed an increase with non-white people.

I read that the only demographic he did worse than the last time with was white men, which is bizarre when you consider that we've been told that for 4 years, they were his target base that he was dog whistling to. It's almost as if it was a lie.

If you vote Trump you are racist/homophbe/misogynist/deplorable bigot and a supporter of a bloke who is a lover of white supremecists and tied up in russian mob money etc. That isn't up for debate. I suppose at this stage the US has to accept that 50% of their population are that way. Nothing will change. Nothing has changed since the civil war era.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Jesus would do better with Latino voters but would struggle with the Muslim and Jewish vote. He'd carry Florida but probably lose New York!

Jesus would actually be alright with Muslim voters, but definitely security risks when it comes to the Jews. Both have past history.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

They were so sure in 2016 and even more so now. So sure they did a basic mistake of going to extra length alienating potential voters by calling them all that you mentioned. That combined with the complacency of their own voters who thought (after being pummelled by media) we will win why bother...
    No blue wave or landslide came. Not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

If you vote Trump you are racist/homophbe/misogynist/deplorable bigot and a supporter of a bloke who is a lover of white supremecists and tied up in russian mob money etc. That isn't up for debate. I suppose at this stage the US has to accept that 50% of their population are that way. Nothing will change. Nothing has changed since the civil war era.

Ever heard of Hunter Biden? :pac:

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Democrats are absolutely useless in fairness. Looks like they'll stay in the minority in the Senate. The House will go to the Democrats alright which means a divided government no matter if Biden or Trump wins. As such not a whole lot will get done in Congress yet again. That actually, as weird as it sounds, is very good for the economy as neither party can implement their own ideas which is generally good for the economy as there is less political interference etc.

That's the real story tonight. House won't be held by Dems by a big margin either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement