Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Even their own guy thinks they aren't educated. "I love the poorly educated."

Education these days is quite a questionable idea. In democrat eyes plumbers, electricians, bricklayers etc are those poorly educated all the while we should believe that stuff like "lesbian dance" or "Queering Childhood" courses make you the educated one?

I kid you not. Have a look at what is considered college education in the US:
    https://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2009/10/100-hilarious-college-courses-that-really-exist/
    or shorter on:
    https://bestlifeonline.com/funniest-college-courses/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I don't think Trump is Hitler. He is so historically and politically dim he doesn't understand what a fascist is, but yet he displays all the traits of one.

Distancing himself from white supremacists groups was a soundbite, nothing more, he couldn't go on any longer in public w/o doing it. If you think that's changed anything, i would reassess that opinon.

Appointing a woman to the SC! Larf! How progressive of him!

So when he denies the things you accuse him of he's only doing it for optics?

It's fine to not like the man, I don't, but at least be honest about things. Facts are facts, everything is up for debate and your opinion doesn't count any more than anyone else's.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

If you vote Trump you are racist/homophbe/misogynist/deplorable bigot and a supporter of a bloke who is a lover of white supremecists and tied up in russian mob money etc. That isn't up for debate. I suppose at this stage the US has to accept that 50% of their population are that way. Nothing will change. Nothing has changed since the civil war era.

This narrative is the major issue I have with anti trump people, this black and white generalisation. I personally think he's the best candidate for president of America, do I think he's the perfect human being? No of course I don't as no such thing exists.

I'm none of the things you mentioned above and as another poster pointed out being accused of being those things has swayed people far away from the democratic party.

The world is not black and white, it's many shades of grey, the problem people seem to have is they seem to think Trump = bad, Biden = good and things are not that straightforward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Or like the vast majority, you just vote Republican. Always have, always will.

Branding them x, y, and z, is meaningless if it isn't true. It just makes you look a bit simple and dramatic.

No. They may vote Republican, but it's pure head in the sand stuff, and an excuse for voting for Trump. Don't vote, or vote 3rd party, whatever, but a vote for Trump is a vote for above, regardless of why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Do we have to listen to Trump gloating now? Another 4 years of bad grammar lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Overheal wrote: »
    7 days if it's really close, that's the limit for ballots to be received from absentee military, it's also the limit most States have at a minimum to resolve any voter disputes with the elections office, namely for those who have to cast provisional ballots to have time to go and get the provisional ballot certified.

Is there a limit on counting?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If Biden takes Wisconsin this is the board:

531706.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

PA is gonna be a huge talking point over the next few weeks. Looks dodge.

Will go all the way to the supreme court where republican's will have control. Trump in the winner, time to face facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Winning Wisconsin and pipping Georgia and Biden will get to 270 without Pennsylvania or Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Breaking news: that UK guy who wagered 5 million on A Trump has just ordered in 500K worth of fresh toilet roll!

• Advertisement

Simo08 wrote: »
    This narrative is the major issue I have with anti trump people, this black and white generalisation. I personally think he's the best candidate for president of America, do I think he's the perfect human being? No of course I don't as no such thing exists.

I'm none of the things you mentioned above and as another poster pointed out being accused of being those things has swayed people far away from the democratic party.

The world is not black and white, it's many shades of grey, the problem people seem to have is they seem to think Trump = bad, Biden = good and things are not that straightforward.

I don't understand what Biden has to do with Trump's worldview, it's irrelevant. But a vote for Tump is a vote for the above. There is no grey area in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Will go all the way to the supreme court where republican's will have control. Trump in the winner, time to face facts.

Are you getting a bit nervous now that Biden has the lead in Wisconsin?

If you vote Trump you are racist/homophbe/misogynist/deplorable bigot and a supporter of a bloke who is a lover of white supremecists and tied up in russian mob money etc. That isn't up for debate. I suppose at this stage the US has to accept that 50% of their population are that way. Nothing will change. Nothing has changed since the civil war era.

Not a fan of Trump, but this is exactly the kind of finger wagging ****e that drives people into his arms

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

PA is gonna be a huge talking point over the next few weeks. Looks dodge.
    In what way?

Ever heard of Hunter Biden? :pac:

It's mad how the anti vaccine/anti lockdown crew are always pro trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Feel sorry for that guy who had 500 on trump :/

He was told to cash out and run a while ago around the 900€ mark! Or lay some off on Biden, too versatile a market, yoyo-ing so much.

The cash out is already up €40 since I posted, I'll hold out.

How about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Breaking news: that UK guy who wagered 5 million on A Trump has just ordered in 500K worth of fresh toilet roll!

That dumb mother****er buys charmin like everyone else. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

shmeee wrote: »
    He was told to cash out and run a while ago around the 900€ mark! Or lay some off on Biden, too versatile a market, yoyo-ing so much.

No way that wasn't laid off. No-one with that kind of money to throw around on Betfair isn't covering themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's starting to look very likely Biden takes Pennsylvania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Overheal wrote: »
    7 days if it's really close, that's the limit for ballots to be received from absentee military, it's also the limit most States have at a minimum to resolve any voter disputes with the elections office, namely for those who have to cast provisional ballots to have time to go and get the provisional ballot certified.

But does that mean the election won't be over until at most, 7 days?

How are people forecasting a win for either party if they take certain states then?

Sorry I don't get this

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Education these days is quite a questionable idea. In democrat eyes plumbers, electricians, bricklayers etc are those poorly educated all the while we should believe that stuff like "lesbian dance" or "Queering Childhood" courses make you the educated one?

I kid you not. Have a look at what is considered college education in the US:
    https://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2009/10/100-hilarious-college-courses-that-really-exist/
    or shorter on:
    https://bestlifeonline.com/funniest-college-courses/

Your post exposes more of the misunderstanding of the world by Trump-supporters than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

No way that wasn't laid off. No-one with that kind of money to throw around on Betfair isn't covering themselves.

I take it we are on about the poster here with the €500 bet......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

How come the odds are still favouring Trump much. Could have sworn I heard Sky news saying earlier that due to Biden getting a single EC vote from 5 in Nebraska, he only needed 2 from 4 in Arizona, Wisconsin, Georgia or Pennsylvania - and he's looking good in AZ, leaving only 1 from 3, and now leading in Wisconsin. So why was Trump suddenly such a strong favourite

Not a fan of Trump, but this is exactly the kind of finger wagging ****e that drives people into his arms

Not a racist, but.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Karl Rove not ready to give Georgia to Trump.

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's starting to look very likely Biden takes Pennsylvania.
    What is that 20 EC votes? He is still short I think?

Not a racist, but.

Exactly the type of response I am talking about. Anything apart from unrepentant and complete criticism of trump gets you branded a racist.

Not a racist, but.

The old taxi driver defence lol

To be honest I don't believe everyone who votes for Trump is a racist.
    People voted for him for lots of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Exactly another overseas commentator who knows **** all about whats going on over there, just what they read on twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement