Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

funnydoggy wrote: »
    But does that mean the election won't be over until at most, 7 days?

How are people forecasting a win for either party if they take certain states then?

Sorry I don't get this

At most it won't be over until the Electoral College actually cast their votes in December.

They're forecasting based on norms, polls, and party registration of voter ballots still outstanding, eg. in WI most of the outstanding ballots are to registered Democrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's starting to look very likely Biden takes Pennsylvania.

Exactly why we all should really just wait and see what happens when votes are final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Yes it is. Forensic analysis.

Essential viewing all night. Went to bed at 3am, raging I didn't take the day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Biden needs a miracle to take Penn

That miracle could be mail in fraud like the president said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Jesus the lads on CNN are getting very catty with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I don't understand what Biden has to do with Trump's worldview, it's irrelevant. But a vote for Tump is a vote for the above. There is no grey area in that.

The election is very close which means approx half the voters voted for Trump. So you made an astounding generalisation about how many millions of people? That was deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

On the betting front this is better crack than Soccer Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

If trump wins I'm going to get silly blind drunk til I get sick. To drown my sorrows. The thought of seeing his arrogant, obnoxious, sour face for another few more years :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

What does that fraud look like? Is it all the Trump mail-ins going in the bin before the reach the counters? Or is that that counters will throw them in the bin? Or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

he needs a miracle full stop, the red wave is taking over

• Advertisement

It's better, but still ignorant

Heh! Ignorant of what?

The election is very close which means approx half the voters voted for Trump. So you made an astounding generalisation about how many millions of people? That was deluded

Yup, any black women that voted for trump are racist misogynists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,186 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭quokula

Biden needs about 70-30 in the mail in ballots in PA and of those counted so far is at about 80-20. Not sure which areas have been counted so that might not be representative, but if it is he's looking good as long as the Republicans don't succeed in stopping legitimate votes being counted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

I'm not a racist, but I'll vote for one. Is that better?

Are Trump's black voters racist too? Because if you were paying attention, he has plenty.

owlbethere wrote: »
    If trump wins I'm going to get silly blind drunk til I get sick. To drown my sorrows. The thought of seeing his arrogant, obnoxious, sour face for another few more years :eek:

He's going to take a big lurch to the left if he gets in. He has no loyalty compass, he couldn't give an eff for his base anymore. He's nothing remaining to prove. It's going to be great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭landofthetree

It's better, but still ignorant

Biden
    "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man.

Heh! Ignorant of what?

Ignorant of the fact that labeling everyone who voted for trump as a racist, homophobic, deplorable bigot is patently false and extremely prejudiced.

Jesus the lads on CNN are getting very catty with each other.

In fairness the lead guys (Cuomo and Blitzer) are ****ing idiots who interrupt the flow of any analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Originally Posted by holdyerhorses View Post
    If you vote Trump you are racist/homophbe/misogynist/deplorable bigot and a supporter of a bloke who is a lover of white supremecists and tied up in russian mob money etc. That isn't up for debate. I suppose at this stage the US has to accept that 50% of their population are that way. Nothing will change. Nothing has changed since the civil war era.

No there are not, I would not dream of voting for him if I was a US citizen, Trump has no position on anything he is a populist but he is well able to intimate that he may support such views if it suits his purpose...' they seem to be a great bunch of guys' etc that is how he does it and it fools millions. He has also managed to convince million that despite being a billionaire businessman he is not part of the global elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is that gut feeling, or what analysts are saying?
    I'm a bit out of the loop coz work.

Are Trump's black voters racist too? Because if you were paying attention, he has plenty.

It's almost amazed me how Trump and the GOP have convinced people to vote against their own best interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

I don't understand what Biden has to do with Trump's worldview, it's irrelevant. But a vote for Tump is a vote for the above. There is no grey area in that.

There is of course a grey area. 60 odd million people have voted for him so far, all holding varying different reasons for doing so, they can't all be racist etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Only 43% of the votes in Wayne County Michigan have been counted leaving c.600k votes to be counted. That's where Detroit is and is heavily Democratic. Clinton got 66% there in 2016. Squeaky bum time for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

What does that fraud look like? Is it all the Trump mail-ins going in the bin before the reach the counters? Or is that that counters will throw them in the bin? Or what?

For one thing, people move house, their mail ballot gets sent to their old address and what's to stop the new owner sending it back? Genuine question, I don't know if they have any controls in place for things like this. Or dead relative etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Hoping for the big win for Trump, and actually I am now wondering if there is a chance of a third term? Rules can be changed and worked around, so I would be very curious to see if Trump is interested in another term in 2024.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Trump is miles ahead in PA no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Both candidates at 10/11 on Paddy Power

Ignorant of the fact that labeling everyone who voted for trump as a racist, homophobic, deplorable bigot is patently false and extremely prejudiced.

If you align yourself to a racist, homophobe, etc. don't be surprised or offended when you're called the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Is that gut feeling, or what analysts are saying?
    I'm a bit out of the loop coz work.

Could be just butt feeling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement