Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

nj27 wrote: »
    Hoping for the big win for Trump, and actually I am now wondering if there is a chance of a third term? Rules can be changed and worked around, so I would be very curious to see if Trump is interested in another term in 2024.

Presidential term limits are in the Constitution. He's not getting those changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Biden has it won, he's got Wisconsin and only needs Georgia or North Carolina - not even Pennslyvania ...

It's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Simo08 wrote: »
    There is of course a grey area. 60 odd million people have voted for him so far, all holding varying different reasons for doing so, they can't all be racist etc.

They are either racist/sexist/homophobic or they are actively voting for a racist/sexist/homophobe to take power of their country. The latter is only slightly less awful than the former, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Hoping for the big win for Trump, and actually I am now wondering if there is a chance of a third term? Rules can be changed and worked around, so I would be very curious to see if Trump is interested in another term in 2024.

Hopefully they will.

The Democrats are stupid enough to support it so they can get to run Obama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's almost amazed me how Trump and the GOP have convinced people to vote against their own best interests.
    Not a new thing look at the log cabin Republicans group, I don't think Trump and Pence are exactly advocating for lgbt people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Ignorant of the fact that labeling everyone who voted for trump as a racist, homophobic, deplorable bigot is patently false and extremely prejudiced.

If I ran on the ticket that I wanted to lynch British people outside your house every Tuesday, and also that I'll give you a Harvey Norman voucher once a year, and you voted for me, nobody has to let you off the hook for the sake of the Harvey Norman voucher.

Who you vote for, who you are willing to vote for, is an extension of what you believe in or consider acceptable. That's the point.

accensi0n wrote: »
    Trump is miles ahead in PA no?

Most of the remaining votes there are mail-in or are in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and will break heavily for Biden. It ain't over yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Without the mail ins being counted.

Looks like Joe is going to get Wisconsin; if he gets Michigan or Georgia he don't need PA.

Mad night altogether.

I mean Trump descended into full all Despot territory earlier and its almost forgotten now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Simo08 wrote: »
    There is of course a grey area. 60 odd million people have voted for him so far, all holding varying different reasons for doing so, they can't all be racist etc.

They're aligning themselves to one. There is no grey area in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭Soups123

PaddyPower have brought Trump back to evens and Biden up to evens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Both candidates at 10/11 on Paddy Power

No there not.

Trump 8/11
    Biden 11/10

But Trump was 1/3 about an hour ago before the Wisconsin news. So what looked very giid for Trump is not looking so good on the betting markets now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They haven't started counting the mail-in ballots yet, which skew heavily Democrat. That could swing it Biden's way, hence why Trump wants vote counting to stop in PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Not for me, Trump marginally shorter.

It was 10/11 for both for about ten minutes.

If you align yourself to a racist, homophobe, etc. don't be surprised or offended when you're called the same.

I'm not. I didn't vote.

But to level that accusation at that many million people is extremely prejudiced and ignorant.

If Biden pulls it off but the Republicans hold the Senate (looks likely) there'll be absolutely nothing done for the next 4 years, which is probably no bad thing.

EDIT: except the Senate will run a load of committees investigating Biden and Democrats in the House will do the same investigating Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Philadelphia has only counted 48% of votes with biden at 73% now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats where DonDon Jnr can shine. Almost certainly be another Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Ah jaysus, now you're just trying to wind people up lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Exactly...take the 900 odd now or hold out for more...

Screenshot-20201104-090823-2.jpg

Cash out as quick as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Will be interesting to go back and read how many times people have posted ''that's it, it's over, done'' and have had the other side say exactly the same. I might actually tot it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Not for me, Trump marginally shorter.

They're changing by the minute

https://imgur.com/mXOERxd

mXOERxd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Green Bay's absentee ballot results are delayed because one of the vote-counting machines ran out of ink. An elections official had to return to City Hall to get more." - NYT

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cf1fx1z3t3tciuwciux4vbrjuk006i80pieprt45&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Most of the remaining votes there are mail-in or are in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia and will break heavily for Biden. It ain't over yet.

He's 700k behind though with 1.4m mail in votes. They'd have to break 1.1m in favour of Biden to catch Trump. That's 80% - 20%. Has he been winning the mail in votes by that much because it seems a tall order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

BrentMused wrote: »

Well if there is going to be one lad out of a job in the next week or so, it's Nate Silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,916 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is that gut feeling, or what analysts are saying? I'm a bit out of the loop coz work.
    Mail in ballots working close to 80/20 in Biden's favour and most of the votes to be counted are from historically strongly blue areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

I'm not. I didn't vote.

But to level that accusation at that many million people is extremely prejudiced and ignorant.

It's not ignorant or prejudiced, the bloke is up there saying it to us and them and that's his public views, and they are lapping it up and voting for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,804 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Looks like right now Biden will take it , got to say very exciting stuff,

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Unlucky. I shall celebrate with a drop of Middleton Rare.
    Drink it? You cant even spell it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

If you align yourself to a racist, homophobe, etc. don't be surprised or offended when you're called the same.

You okay brah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement