Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

8-10 wrote: »
    Happy to oblige - I got it badly wrong!

531709.jpg

A man of his word. Fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I can only imagine what the tension is like on the streets of America

There'll be riots on them regardless who wins

PS: I'm 19 years on and off as a Boardsie and I can't remember a more fast moving thread than this one

The Mods have their work cut out for them today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

sdanseo wrote: »
    Regardless of result here, could you imagine what the Democrats would have got if they'd run a decent candidate, capable of doing some public speaking.
    340 million people in the states and he was the best they could find. That's almost as shameful an endorsement on the population as Trump is.

Could have been a landslide.

Said it from the very start that Trump wouldn't win this election but Biden would lose it. He's an absolutely rubbish candidate who's hid away from the general public and refused to take questions for months now. American's don't like cowards.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

8-10 wrote: »
    Happy to oblige - I got it badly wrong!

531709.jpg

fair play to you for fulfilling your betting obligations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Regardless of result here, could you imagine what the Democrats would have got if they'd run a decent candidate, capable of doing some public speaking.
    340 million people in the states and he was the best they could find. That's almost as shameful an endorsement on the population as Trump is.

I know this gets said a lot but I'm not sure it's true. A good chunk of the population will vote Republican no matter who the candidate is.

In 2016, it apparently would have been Democrats if they put anyone but Hilary forward.

This year, Biden just had to stay out of the way and not being Trump was enough to get him elected.

That hasn't happened. It's not as simple as you're saying IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

omega man wrote: »
    I agree but he was really addressing his base I guess.

He constantly says things that people say 'ohh, he'd never do that', and then he does it. Like when he said he wouldn't accept the results of the election if there were mail in votes. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

The Dems are actually so bad right now. Struggling across the board. I wanted Biden to win, but he is not impressive as a politician at all. I think it'll be 4 years of steadiness but nothing to worry Republicans if they get a good candidate for 2024.

There is a huge disconnect in how Republicans are viewed outside of the US and within the US. We can see that in the demographics on who voted for Trump. Big numbers of hispanics, blacks and minority groups have voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, he isn't alienating them as we expect outside of the US.

Likewise, the issues Europe takes with Trump don't seem to be issues for large majorities of the US electorate, particularly in rural US. The economy and jobs is key for that demographic and the Dems don't do enough there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Said it from the very start that Trump wouldn't win this election but Biden would lose it. He's an absolutely rubbish candidate who's hid away from the general public and refused to take questions for months now. American's don't like cowards.

More people have and will vote for Biden than for Trump :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

ShineOn7 wrote: »

PS: I'm 19 years on and off as a Boardsie and I can't remember a more fast moving thread than this one

You should pop by the Weather forum when it snows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

531710.png

Wish I had had €500 to put on it.

Should I cash out ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Paddy Power odds are no indication of anything. They're novelty bets and they're going to be limiting the market to, for them, small bets.

Betfair are much more reflective and have Biden as 8/11 with Trump 10/11. That will change again as more news comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

LillySV wrote: »
    U want to look at Biden without a script and hear what he comes out with ... he makes trump appear intelligent . It’s scary to think these two old fools were the only options for America .

Trump is downright dangerous. Biden could go to sleep for 4 years and have a more positive outcome than Trump. The environmental damage Trump will do over the next 4yrs will be irreversible and we here thousands of km's away will pay the price for this idiocy. All a big joke now and laugh at the buffoon in office but its going to affect you very negatively for the rest of your life and your kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Biden now 8/11 on PP. Some change in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ShineOn7 wrote: »

I see you weren't in the original coronavirus threads. They were a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Jon Ralston is the man to follow on twitter for Nevada. Doesn't see a result anytime soon.

You should pop by the Weather forum when it snows.

covid thread on the day varadkar said the schools were going to shut in March was mad. thats the fastest thread i can recall.

The Dems are actually so bad right now. Struggling across the board. I wanted Biden to win, but he is not impressive as a politician at all. I think it'll be 4 years of steadiness but nothing to worry Republicans if they get a good candidate for 2024.

There is a huge disconnect in how Republicans are viewed outside of the US and within the US. We can see that in the demographics on who voted for Trump. Big numbers of hispanics, blacks and minority groups have voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, he isn't alienating them as we expect outside of the US.

Likewise, the issues Europe takes with Trump don't seem to be issues for large majorities of the US electorate, particularly in rural US. The economy and jobs is key for that demographic and the Dems don't do enough there at all.

Of course back in the real world jobs and economic growth are more likely under a Democratic president than a Republican. In fact job contraction is a feature of Republican presidents (Trump / Bush Jnr / Bush Snr). Economic growth and job creation happens under Democrats (e.g. Clinton / Obama).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did the guy who had €500 on Trump cash out? He was 4/11, now he's 11/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

threeball wrote: »
    Trump is downright dangerous. Biden could go to sleep for 4 years and have a more positive outcome than Trump. The environmental damage Trump will do over the next 4yrs will be irreversible and we here thousands of km's away will pay the price for this idiocy. All a big joke now and laugh at the buffoon in office but its going to affect you very negatively for the rest of your life and your kids.

The US withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord came into effect today.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

531710.png

Wish I had had €500 to put on it.

Should I cash out ? :D

More than double your money? Yeah? Cheating thermodynamics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Paddy Power odds are no indication of anything. They're novelty bets and they're going to be limiting the market to, for them, small bets.

Betfair are much more reflective and have Biden as 8/11 with Trump 10/11. That will change again as more news comes through.

This, pp and so on are only taking small bets and in no way indicate much. Betfair has 463 million matched on the one market alone, there's astronomical money being won and lost there. You can be sure the traders at pp are keeping a close eye on the exchanges for their prices

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Very prescient stuff from Bernie Sanders.

https://twitter.com/GavinDuffy/status/1323925842729328641?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

Really interesting looking at the county voting in Nevada.

Joe Biden is leading only 1 county yet leading overall.

https://www.cbsnews.com/elections/2020/nevada/president/

Rest of it is sand and death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I see you weren't in the original coronavirus threads. They were a sight to behold.

I was and I think you're right actually. The threads in March were maybe faster than this one, it's a close run thing though

A bit like this shambles in America ;)

I never thought we'd see a weaker line up than Hilary versus Trump and yet here we are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

75% of all Presidents that have run for reelection have succeeded.

Statistically Trump was always the clear favourite and if he does win then he has won. Saying that he wouldnt win and he only wins because Biden is rubbish is a little tenuous.

wonga77 wrote: »
    This, pp and so on are only taking small bets and in no way indicate much. Betfair has 463 million matched on the one market alone, there's astronomical money being won and lost there. You can be sure the traders at pp are keeping a close eye on the exchanges for their prices

popb1tch were saying this was the biggest betting event of all time. equivalent of 20 grand nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

wonga77 wrote: »

Paddy power and Betfair are one and the same.

Really interesting looking at the county voting in Nevada.

Joe Biden is leading only 1 county yet leading overall.

https://www.cbsnews.com/elections/2020/nevada/president/

Clark County (Las Vegas) is by far the most populated county in Nevada so it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I reckon this is going to end up like a bad VAR decision

It'll go one way Lawyers will come in to review it & and two side will have there own interpretation of what IS right and wrong ,
    And ultimately one side will be unable to accept the decision

• Advertisement

popb1tch were saying this was the biggest betting event of all time. equivalent of 20 grand nationals.

though id say some people used it as insurance policy. if i have obamacare and it will cost me on average 600 euro a year. ill bet on trump and if trump wins i lose obamacare but ill bet enough to win 600euro.

now imagine finance guys doing that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement