Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

mariaalice wrote: »
    Why did the poles get it so wrong does anyone think?

trump supporters can get heavily lambasted so maybe they didnt answer truthfully. 1 of a myriad of reasons i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Democrats more empathetic and thus, more likely to entertain opinion polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

They set up a country between the Germans and the Ruskies. That was a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

If Biden can win it today without needing Pennsylvania it will be best for everyone because PA will take a few days to sort and it will just rumble and rumble. Trump's nonsense will be a lot less effective if PA isn't in play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Why are you still talking about the polls? It's the votes that matter now.
    Oh maybe to highlight the fact they are utterly useless and are sometimes used as a propaganda tool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Trump ahead in NC , PA and the state a poster said to me they'd eat a hat if he won , MI . Very optimistic for don. Already smashed the ‘landslide biden win’ some projected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Leave the poor Poles alone - they had nothing to do with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

It turns out a significant amount of black and other minorities in America wither aren't bothered by racial equality or believe Trump isn't as bad as he is made out to be.

Trump has been good for blacks. People presume black people aren't smart for some reason and can't see through the media BS about the President, they can and realize he's doing an outstanding job.

Also the majority of blacks aren't interested in the Democrats defund the police message. They want security not anarchy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Wisconsin looks to be sealed by Biden.

Trump is leading in many counties wth low % results but Biden is leading in the high population areas and will likely drown out the lower population.

But WI "only" has 10 EC votes. PA has 20 and GA has 16, and Trump is leading in both those areas. I don't know how Biden will do it if Trump takes PA and GA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He lost in the Supreme Court just last week on Pennsylvania - "his" Supreme Court. The AG can't overrule the Supreme Court. It came as a shock to Trump that the judges on the Court actually upheld the law and didn't pull a stroke for him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-supreme-court-decision-on-pennsylvania-ballots-is-dangerous-will-induce-violence
    It sort of dumps the scweaming and scweaming over the court, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Amazing that he managed to keep an 8 year bull market and booming economy going for another couple of years.

The market has gone to record levels by some distance looking at any of the indices under his presidency to be fair and that's held up through a global pandemic. I'm no Trump fan but that's a fact.

Why would a pollster lambast someone though?

no idea tbh. but that secret trump vote obviously dont want to share their opinion with pollsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

8-10 wrote: »
    Happy to oblige - I got it badly wrong!

531709.jpg

Good man.
    Pieta is a great charity so I was always going to donate anyway. I worked with them at a charity event (providing tech support as I work in that field) in 2017.

531712.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Trump ahead in NC , PA and the state a poster said to me they'd eat a hat if he won , MI . Very optimistic for don. Already smashed the ‘landslide biden win’ some projected

You understand right that ahead means nothing at the moment because the blocks of votes depending on where they came from swing heavily in one direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Kickbacks from fund raising. Money likes to back winners, when the polls show your party ahead the money rolls in from donors. You will notice as they get closer to the election the results always tighten so they have cover to run the schemes again.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ELM327 wrote: »
    Good man.
    Pieta is a great charity so I was always going to donate anyway. I worked with them at a charity event (providing tech support as I work in that field) in 2017.

531712.JPG
    Lovely stuff fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Biden has already smashed the "landslide Trump win" that Trump predicted and is still claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Plenty of money to be made by the lawyers in the comings days, they will have a field day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Yup, any black women that voted for trump are racist misogynists.

No. But they did vote for a racist misogynist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Anybody got a handle on Nevada - seems mighty close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    It sort of dumps the scweaming and scweaming over the court, doesn't it?

Trump will find those justices have no loyalty to him. They have a lifetime appointment. They'll rule on the law albeit with their own interpretation but they won't pull a stroke for him. The legacy of Supreme Court justices is hugely important and none of them, including Coney Barrett, would want their legacy smeared by accusations of doing favours for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its safe to say Biden has turned the tide,
    Obviously he has not won anything yet but its looking likely,

Been a lot close than anyone thought which is a bad thing , a very clear win for either side would have been the best outcome ,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Feels weird watching CNN when I'm not hungover in a Spanish apartment on holidays because it's the only English channel on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

ELM327 wrote: »
    Good man.

531712.JPG

Cut out this crap. You 2 are giving me a little hope for humanity. Stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

The polls were always reliant on the Ned Flanders Democrat and the ‘Gonna git me my guns’ Republicans. There are more Ned Flanders willing to take calls and filling in tedious internet polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Has the Clinton Foundation won yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Biden has already smashed the "landslide Trump win" that Trump predicted and is still claiming.

When has anyone predicted a landslide trump win... everyone here (leaning trump) and some braver polsters all predicted a very slight win for him.. which looks to be happening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

DeanAustin wrote: »
    The market has gone to record levels by some distance looking at any of the indices under his presidency to be fair and that's held up through a global pandemic. I'm no Trump fan but that's a fact.

Haven't markets been supported by record borrowing and quantative easing though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

But WI "only" has 10 EC votes. PA has 20 and GA has 16, and Trump is leading in both those areas. I don't know how Biden will do it if Trump takes PA and GA?

If Biden wins Wisconsin and Michigan it looks like he won't need Pennsylvania or Georgia.

• Advertisement

i see the house is 188-181 (need 218) in favour of the dems.

senate currently 47 a piece

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement