Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Looking like a Biden win is very likely after all!

All comes down to MI at this point, biden can win by 271 if he lands that, but I dont know if he’s going to erode donnys lead enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I guess people would rather watch news on the american presidential election rather than reports on whether a dolphin is still in Dingle or what Laura Whitmore wore to the Pride of Britain awards

Irish people receiving their news from American news channels like CNN and Fox etc is a worrying development in the last few years.

As bad as our media is, it doesn't compare with the nightmarish media output in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Biden gets in assuming he wins Nevada.

"Neva-dha", as Kent in Veep would say.
    I do like that it's coming down to potential late votes in that state, much like Selina Meyer v O'Brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I find it disturbing the amount of Irish people that are now watching US news channels.

Entertainment purposes, America has now turned into one big long show of I’m a Celebrity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Even if Biden gets Nevada and Wisconsin that brings him to 254.

While it is still close in the other States, Biden is still behind. He needs a fcuking miracle to turn those States around. That ain't happening IMO.

The miracle is happening. Trumps lead in Michigan has gone from 202k to 66k in the last 20 minutes! All those votes in Detroit are falling massively for Biden!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

With the way the polls are looking Biden most likely won't even need Pennsylvania (PA). Really hope that happens because that would make the win much cleaner than if it all comes down to PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I find it disturbing the amount of Irish people that are now watching US news channels.

It's better than watching British channels in fairness, look where that has left us.

All comes down to MI at this point, biden can win by 271 if he lands that, but I dont know if he’s going to erode donnys lead enough

The lead in MI is gone from 202k to 66k in the last 20 minutes. Trump in big trouble now in Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Looking like a Biden win is very likely after all!
    Looking like a Trump win is very likely after all!

One of you is definitely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

I guess people would rather watch news on the american presidential election rather than reports on whether a dolphin is still in Dingle or what Laura Whitmore wore to the Pride of Britain awards

I can't get over how utterly breathtakingly moronic this post is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

cnocbui wrote: »

The courts say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How likely is it we find out if one of them gets over the 270 in the next 12 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

4/7 Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Time to bring in a definitive expert on Rollercoasters... Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Ronan Keating!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

begbysback wrote: »
    Entertainment purposes, America has now turned into one big long show of I’m a Celebrity

Sums it up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

They're both wrong. Nothing is looking very likely.

How likely is it we find out if one of them gets over the 270 in the next 12 hours?

Looks like it will be Biden the way things are going right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The courts say otherwise.

What is it the courts say?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Enquiring wrote: »
    It's better than watching British channels in fairness, look where that has left us.

It really isn't. UK channels at least are regulated and have to make some attempt at being fair.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

This is great entertainment...Swinging in roundabouts :D

• Advertisement

Is a draw possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,882 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitively; I'd say it's unlikely. Nevada is vital for Biden and Pennsylvania is vital for Trump. Both are still accepting votes until Friday (provided they were posted by yesterday).

So neither state might be able to properly announce their results until later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Is a draw possible?

i think it is, but the chance of that is prob gone now as its pretty remote

Is a draw possible?

Not sure that 269-269 can happen now with the way the remaining EC votes are falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Rte have Bidens cousins from Ballina on. One lady said a Biden win would be great for ballina.

Stop the lights.

They've been driving around the town beeping horns with champagne at the ready.

Hate that cringe. Similiar to the fawning over Trump in Doonbeg or the lady playing the harp on the apron at Shannon when Trump emerged from his jet.

Main headline in the paper yesterday about locals in Doonbeg hoping for a Trump win to protect jobs. Like it makes much difference.

In 2016 it was all about Mike Pence's Sligo and Clare roots.

Homelander wrote: »
    I can't get over how utterly breathtakingly moronic this post is.

My apologies.

Let me break it down for you...

People are watching american news as there is a bit of a big important election going on and they are trying to get the most up-to-date news.

A lot of airtime and content on RTE over the last couple of weeks have been dedicated to whether or not a dolphin was still swimming in Dingle and vacuous articles about Laura Whitmore.

A great deal of people would rather be informed as much as possible about the american election rather than news articles such as the ones RTE puts out.

I hope you caught your breath and maybe understand what I meant by it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Is a draw possible?

Kanye West is going to win

• Registered Users Posts: 33,882 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is a draw possible?

Generally yes. 538 votes available, 270 to win which means a 269-269 tie is possible. Not sure if it's possible now with the states that are left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

My apologies.

Let me break it down for you...

People are watching american news as there is a bit of a big important election going on and they are trying to get the most up-to-date news.

A lot of airtime and content on RTE over the last couple of weeks have been dedicated to whether or not a dolphin was still swimming in Dingle and vacuous articles about Laura Whitmore.

A great deal of people would rather be informed as much as possible about the american election rather than news articles such as the ones RTE puts out.

I hope you caught your breath and maybe understand what I meant by it now.

dont forget vogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Why are posters getting a hard on for low life betting companies trying to take your money? It doesnt matter a fcuk what they think and they have no influence over anything.

Hell, where are the posters only a few days ago jerking off to the massive Biden leads in the polls and that Biden had it wrapped up?

When we told posters to be a little cautious we were told:-

"Sure the polls said this and that...blah blah."

"Sure no encumbent has ever won [Trump] reelection with such bad poll numbers."

When Michael Moore said at the weekend: "Whatever Biden's lead is in the polls- half it at least to get a better picture and then you are within the margin of error"

"Sure what does he know" "That makes no sense"..."The pollls" "The polls"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement