Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

It really isn't. UK channels at least are regulated and have to make some attempt at being fair.

I meant in terms of influence, I thought that was the other posters point. I might have picked it up wrong. Watching American tv can be no worse than watching British tv in any case, British tv has left us with a nation watching premier league soccer and eastenders while having pro British views in support of their warmongering, even when it comes to the murder of Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is great entertainment...Swinging in roundabouts :D
    Here to discuss swing states we have former TD Maria Bailey.

It really is utter madness.
    I went to sleep thinking biden will prob win EC with 300.
    Woke up at 4...Biden looked to be toast.
    Now I genuinely have no idea but looks like it's slightly leaning towards biden having a better chance, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dissapointed Kanye didnt enter. He'd probably make it a three way tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Nevada elections on twitter:

That’s it for election results updates until 9:00 am on Nov. 5. Here’s what has been counted so far:

All in person early votes

All in person Election Day votes

All mail ballots through Nov. 2

Here’s what is left to count:

-Mail ballots received on Election Day

-Mail ballots that will be received over the next week

-Provisional ballots

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

This thread is great craic! Trump has it, Biden has it! Bookies say x y and z! Nobody has a bog

For the record, I'd prefer Biden to win but imagine the shoe was on the other foot with the mail in votes :D They'd all be sent from Russia. Its mad how polarising American politics gets on an Irish forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Enquiring wrote: »
    I meant in terms of influence, I thought that was the other posters point. I might have picked it up wrong. Watching American tv can be no worse than watching British tv in any case, British tv has left us with a nation watching premier league soccer and eastenders while having pro British views in support of their warmongering, even when it comes to the murder of Irish people.

I'll take Eastenders and the EPL of the Fox News indoctrination channel any day. UK TV is superior in so many ways I'm surprised it even needs to be said.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Penn wrote: »
    Generally yes. 538 votes available, 270 to win which means a 269-269 tie is possible. Not sure if it's possible now with the states that are left though.

I don’t think there is a combination of state victories left that that can deliver at 269-269 tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Jesus you'd drive yourself demented watching the American news channels. Everything is so over the top dramatic and exaggerated.

Yeah, I have to put on mute every so often for 30 minutes for my sanity. I guess it goes a long way to explaining why Americans are as dramatic as they are culturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

pjohnson wrote: »

He got over 6,000 votes in Kentucky of all places!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It really isn't. UK channels at least are regulated and have to make some attempt at being fair.

The BBC have been boosting anthropogenic climate change to the point of indoctrination and actively denouncing the opposing view for a decade, and it's not even subtle. The regulation doesn't appear to be working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I wonder will there ever be an election like it? I suspect not. It's been gripping entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

reforger wrote: »
    Nevada elections on twitter:

That’s it for election results updates until 9:00 am on Nov. 5. Here’s what has been counted so far:

All in person early votes

All in person Election Day votes

All mail ballots through Nov. 2

Here’s what is left to count:

-Mail ballots received on Election Day

-Mail ballots that will be received over the next week

-Provisional ballots

Mailed in ballots after the day of the election? How does that work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why are posters getting a hard on for low life betting companies trying to take your money? It doesnt matter a fcuk what they think and they have no influence over anything.

Hell, where are the posters only a few days ago jerking off to the massive Biden leads in the polls and that Biden had it wrapped up?

I keep an eye on it because it interests me. I can honestly say that I didn't get erect at any stage talking about it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

#Ballina4Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

received after but posted before provided they have the correct post mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I guess the likely scenario of complete chaos due to the rather large mail in votes has come through, with Trump trying to pull off a coup, even though he can still win legitimately. I guess he really did believe he would win by a landslide.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Regulation. REGULATION. We need less government, getting in the way. Oh, big, horrible REGULAAAATION. The Obama stations are just so unfair, MSDNC, Clinton News Network. Look what's happening on Twitter, many very smart people are saying what they're doing to me is soooo unfair. What we need is REGULATION. We need to to Regulate social media, regulate the media, regulate it all, and it will be beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,423 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who’s favorite now to win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Hopefully Biden remembers that Detroit and Philly won him this election and he pumps badly needed development cash into the them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

They must have a postmark of the day of the election, or earlier.

It is to allow for delays in the postal system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Cordell wrote: »
    Yeah, they're African Americans, even though they're natural born Americans and none of them or their ancestors going back quite a few generations never went to Africa.

Black people is the correct term, blacks is a pejorative term. I ain't a a PC snowflake by any means but using blacks is not acceptable in this day and age outside of racist circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

duffman13 wrote: »
    This thread is great craic! Trump has it, Biden has it! Bookies say x y and z! Nobody has a bog

For the record, I'd prefer Biden to win but imagine the shoe was on the other foot with the mail in votes :D They'd all be sent from Russia. Its mad how polarising American politics gets on an Irish forum

It really is brilliant. I could give a hoot either way but to see how much Irish people have invested in this election is bewildering.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Post marked Nov 3rd or earlier.

walshb wrote: »

biden 1.57
    trump 2.38

so biden

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

cnocbui wrote: »
    The BBC have been boosting anthropogenic climate change to the point of indoctrination and actively denouncing the opposing view for a decade, and it's not even subtle. The regulation doesn't appear to be working.

That's just pathetic to be honest. Scienfitic consensus and the cult of Trump aren't remotely comparable.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

pjohnson wrote: »

He has picked up some votes having appeared on 12 state ballots.

Not one to be deterred, he has just launched Kanye 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

walshb wrote: »

Cocaine and anyone with a skill for monetized clickbait articles.

Black people is the correct term, blacks is a pejorative term.

does that mean we cant say whites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

I'll take Eastenders and the EPL of the Fox News indoctrination channel any day. UK TV is superior in so many ways I'm surprised it even needs to be said.

I'd choose the NFL and the sopranos over the BBC indoctrination channel any day. That's beside the point, the influence of British tv has had a huge negative effect on this country. That it's bias and support of British warmongering needs to be pointed out is something I find surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Leroy42 wrote: »
    They must have a postmark of the day of the election, or earlier.

It is to allow for delays in the postal system.
    Probably even more important than usual given Trump's mate louis Dejoy attempting to cripple the entire system

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement