Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

TomSweeney wrote: »
    States where Trump is leading have stopped counting it seems ... wtf ..

Its because he is ahead by more votes than there are votes left to count,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

genuinely asking here. saying blacks/whites is considered pejorative terms these days?

Yeh, its sounds like something a time traveler from the 1950s might use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Hilarious all the cognitive/energy supplements being sold in the ad breaks across all the news networks. Reminds me on Infowars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Hilarious :rolleyes:

Honestly I hope he does this, just to see the howling out of the people who accepted the last 4 year ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Joe Biden strong favourite now.

Trump is done :(

into 1.44 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

I actually think there will be more trouble if Trump than if Biden wins,

The left grow up getting trophies for taking part and it makes taking a loss a lot harder,

There will definitely be more trouble if Trump wins - many thousands of people will continue dying of coronavirus, more people will lose access to needed health care, more refugees and migrants will be separated from their children and be subject to horrendous treatment at the borders, the US will continue to be an unreliable ally to us in Europe and continue to cozy up to tyrants elsewhere in the world, and all of those things will pale into insignificance compared to the environmental catastrophes that will continue happening as the second most polluting country on earth continues to dismantle its environmental regulations, in contrast to the rest of the world.

Oh, but your definition of trouble is getting one over on the libs on social media isn't it? Who cares about real people's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

no idea. when i went to bed at about 3am trump was 1.3!

Me too. I was sure it was done at that stage. There's been some crazy swings in the odds since they started counting, after remaining effectively frozen for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Where are you seeing this? American news site?

genuinely asking here. saying blacks/whites is considered pejorative terms these days?

It can't possibly have passed you by that calling people "blacks" is not really legit, so what exactly is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Yeh, its sounds like something a time traveler from the 1950s might use.

Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The usual Trumpist suspects aren't whooping and hollering like they were 2 hours ago on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Cordell

Black people is the correct term, blacks is a pejorative term. I ain't a a PC snowflake by any means but using blacks is not acceptable in this day and age outside of racist circles.

Depending on your tone and context black people can be made as pejorative as the n-word.
    While I agree it doesn't belong in a proper academic vocabulary, in common use it is pejorative only if the one that utters it really intends it to be. I'm not moving into that estate, too many blacks - racist. Blacks and whites are all equal - not racist.
    Also as per my second post, calling them African American is actually really racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I'm not really encouraged by Biden's mental capacity to remember things. I fear if he wins he will open up his inauguration speech by saying something like ' I'm so proud to be the new president of the united counties of west Dorchester'.

We have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will delegate and make appointments that are appropriate and qualified. Biden will not micro manage like Trump. Trump was totally unprepared 4 years ago and had not transition tream in place. At least Biden would 'hit the ground running'.

Let's not forget Trump and Biden are well into their 70s and have had a pretty tough full on 12-18 months.

The 1920's just called and wants it's terminology back from you.

Martin Luther King jr was interviewed on BBC 1 this morning and he used the term blacks.

Really tiresome when white people get all prickly about racial issues on other people's behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The usual Trumpist suspects aren't whooping and hollering like they were 2 hours ago on here!

at this point it could go either way, nobody should be whooping and hollering just yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Where are you seeing this? American news site?

https://www.paddypower.com/politics

i took biden at 9/5 a few hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 34,371 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Biden looked down and out.

Now fighting.

So many twists and turns. Fingers crossed Biden gets over line now

quokula wrote: »
    There will definitely be more trouble if Trump wins - many thousands of people will continue dying of coronavirus

A Biden win means the end of the pandemic. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,883 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ebbsy wrote: »
    Can he hold on ?

According to my calcs, in Michigan there's been 4.64m votes counted, which is 83% of the votes. 2.35m for Trump, 2.29m for Biden, so about 60k votes in it.

If only 83% of the vote has been counted at 4.64m votes, there's another 950k votes to be counted, much of which is due from Dem-leaning areas and from mail-in ballots which have been skewing towards Dems all night.

It could be very close, but looks like it could go for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

currently...

4/9 Biden
    7/4 Trump

wouldn't say strong favourite, but yes favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

at this point it could go either way, nobody should be whooping and hollering just yet.

That didn't stop a few from popping the champagne on here a good few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No point in rubbing anyone's face in anything...no one has won yet by a long shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

But WI "only" has 10 EC votes. PA has 20 and GA has 16, and Trump is leading in both those areas. I don't know how Biden will do it if Trump takes PA and GA?
    Biden wins Pennsylvania by about 130k votes. That's based on the fact that 880k of those votes left are in strongly blue areas and that mail ins are working heavily in favour of Biden.
    It's looking like Trump will get less than 300k of the 1.4 million remaining, leaving Biden with a win by somewhere in the region of 130k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

A Biden win means the end of the pandemic. You heard it here first.

No it means a beginning to taking it seriously for America.

You should have been here 3 hours ago - it was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Earleybird wrote: »
    So is talking utter nonsense, but you don't let that stop you.

and my dad is better than yours. Mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Cordell wrote: »
    Depending on your tone and context black people can be made as pejorative as the n-word.
    While I agree it doesn't belong in a proper academic vocabulary, in common use it is pejorative only if the one that utters it really intends it to be. I'm not moving into that estate, too many blacks - racist. Blacks and whites are all equal - not racist.
    Also as per my second post, calling them African American is actually really racist.
    Wait, what? African American is now a racist term? When did this happen?

gmisk wrote: »
    No point in rubbing anyone's face in anything...no one has won yet by a long shot!

Just an observation that there was a lot of celebrating by the Trumpists and talk of "suck it up libs" 3 hours ago. Gone very quiet and yes it could still go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Earleybird wrote: »
    So is talking utter nonsense, but you don't let that stop you.
    and my dad is better than yours. Mature.

Mod

Both of you cut it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Keep the faith joey Biden

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement