Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

leo's timing was perfect yesterday as well. that story will be forgotten about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

America claiming back its dignity apparently.

This finale seems better than Game of Thrones final season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

1/2 Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Just an observation that there was a lot of celebrating by the Trumpists and talk own "suck it up libs" 3 hours ago. Gone very quiet and yes it could still go either way.

In fairness that was one or two people only and a load of brand new re-reg troll accounts.

Most people, either side, have been fairly level headed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pjohnson wrote: »

...that wouldn't be hard in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Trump crying to stop counting, currently 224 - 213 behind if he wants it that way :p

thats not that hard! that final season (maybe even last 3) was atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Just an observation that there was a lot of celebrating by the Trumpists and talk own "suck it up libs" 3 hours ago. Gone very quiet and yes it could still go either way.

I wonder how well the posters rejoicing over "liberal tears" will take a dose of their own medicine if Biden wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Where are you seeing this? American news site?

New account set up. Is obvious what his/her intention is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just wait until Harris comes in, stabs Biden and a dragon flies away with his body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Wouldn't be hard :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Yeh, its sounds like something a time traveler from the 1950s might use.

They used far worse terminology in the 1920s and 1950s.

I bet you are a 24 year old arts or social scientce graduate and going to save the world. Good look with that. Naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

In fairness that was one or two people only and a load of brand new re-reg troll accounts.

Most people, either side, have been fairly level headed.

Mod

I would tend to concur. Thread has been very good on balance (from all leanings / persuasions / affiliations) and well done to everyone who has contributed to that. Always going to be some people who break the rules, but other than them, its a strong discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Wisconsin could be vital. Michigan is going blue way too fast for Trump to hold on.

But Biden had gone 0.4 up in Wisconsin only for Trump to claw it back to 0.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Is a draw possible?

Theoretically yes, because the number of "electors" is an even number.
    If that happens it would become a “contingent election” and would require a by the House of Representatives, which is not unheard of it happened in 1801, 1825, and 1837. Alternatively the state governors can nominate their own delegates to the Electoral College. Finally if there's no clear winner by the 14th of December then the line of succession kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

sydthebeat wrote: »
    https://www.paddypower.com/politics

i took biden at 9/5 a few hours ago

Screenshot?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

astrofool wrote: »
    Trump crying to stop counting, currently 224 - 213 behind if he wants it that way :p

to be fair theres 31 electoral votes waiting for him from Georgia and North Carolina, they're just about finished counting but haven't declared for some reason.
    Similarly Joe waiting on Alaska, Wisconsin and Nevada.

this all comes down to MI and PA which we might not see for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

You should have been here 3 hours ago - it was ridiculous.
    It's been a shocking election for poll watchers because of the skew between in-person on the day, early & mail voting. The contested states have changed dramatically at least twice, and looks like they might change again as the mail votes are counted. It's impossible to follow unless you can somehow find out the mix of votes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

I wonder how well the posters rejoicing over "liberal tears" will take a dose of their own medicine if Biden wins.

They'll be back in 4 years to try burn everything down again. They've always got Brexit to look forward to in January though.

• Advertisement

Theoretically yes, because the number of "electors" is an even number.
    If that happens it would become a “contingent election” and would require a by the House of Representatives, which is not unheard of it happened in 1801, 1825, and 1837. Alternatively the state governors can nominate their own delegates to the Electoral College. Finally if there's no clear winner by the 14th of December then the line of succession kicks in.

as in (if it were the case) pence would become president for the next 4 years?

think frank underwood did something like that in house of cards

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Enquiring wrote: »
    Screenshot?

of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Wisconsin could be vital. Michigan is going blue way too fast for Trump to hold on.

But Biden had gone 0.4 up in Wisconsin only for Trump to claw it back to 0.2.

Trump put up a much better fight than everyone thought but looks like he will lose now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Enquiring wrote: »
    Screenshot?

Not the guy you quoted, but I got him at the same odds

531721.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump lead in Michigan down to 55k

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

to be fair theres 31 electoral votes waiting for him from Georgia and North Carolina, they're just about finished counting but haven't declared for some reason.

But Trump said stop counting! FREEEZE IT ALL!

(and yes, Trump is being very childish and stupid right now, but it's not unexpected)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'm surprised grown adults would watch that rubbish.

Never underestimate how many people would watch me mash **** into my own face.

Now back to our regular programming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

reforger wrote: »
    I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Ol' Trump allegedly didn't. Did anyone else hear the alleged pseudoephedrine sniffles he had during his speech this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I could take a gigantic **** in my hand then mash it into my face and it would be better than the final season of GOT.
    Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

I would tend to concur. Thread has been very good on balance (from all leanings / persuasions / affiliations) and well done to everyone who has contributed to that. Always going to be some people who break the rules, but other than them, its a strong discussion.

Note to self; have better timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

sydthebeat wrote: »
    of what?

Your bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement