Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Wait. What?? What's the pc term then? I always use black. "Coloured" was always the racist term when I was growing up and African-American only makes sense if someone is American which one can't assume even if they live in America.

A black person/people is correct, blacks is racist
    People of Colour is preferred

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Morning all. Probably should have just went to bed early last night and woke up early. It's developing like a Eurovision vote and Joe Biden is a Russian song going through the old Soviet States

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Enquiring wrote: »
    France for the world cup? :pac:

yep... they are as narrow as 4/1 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,221 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Penn wrote: »
    Clark County (which includes Las Vegas) is the biggest county still counting and is typically very Dem-leaning.

I can't see Nevada leaning for lockdown, I think Trump might scrape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Even if Biden pulls off a miracle here with mail in votes and get's it past the supreme court he'll be a lame duck president from day one. The utter embarrassment of only squeaking past Trump despite having more money to campaign with, big media on his side, social media on his side, Hollywood on his side, Trump's handling of the coronavirus crisis on his side etc... etc... and still only getting in by a hair is frankly pathetic.

A disaster for the Democrats.

Better to be a lame duck president than putting up with Trump for another 4 years though.

It would be nice for the Dems to have some introspection AFTER winning for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did you put up a screenshot showing how much you bet?

Why would you ask that unless you didn't believe me?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Even if Biden pulls off a miracle here with mail in votes and get's it past the supreme court he'll be a lame duck president from day one. The utter embarrassment of only squeaking past Trump despite having more money to campaign with, big media on his side, social media on his side, Hollywood on his side, Trump's handling of the coronavirus crisis on his side etc... etc... and still only getting in by a hair is frankly pathetic.

Losing the Senate (looks likely Reps will hold on) is the bigger issue for the Democrats. It'll mean nothing will be done in Washington for the next 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Supreme Court, if they have any sense, will refuse to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this is me right now. the world press should adopt the same line - 'i dont know'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

A black person/people is correct, blacks is racist
    People of Colour is preferred

:pac: I've heard it all now

Sorry off topic but couldn't let that go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

This is absolute nonsense. They have a movement literally called "BLACK lives matter" What in gods name are you on about??

Black lives and the lives of blacks are two totally different statements and well you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Penn wrote: »
    Clark County (which includes Las Vegas) is the biggest county still counting and is typically very Dem-leaning.

8k votes in it so far, clark and washoe are only slightly ahead for Dems , they could be drowned by all the smaller ones together going red with those kind of margins. Its not very likely but NV is still on the table.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yep... they are as narrow as 4/1 right now

At home, they'll go ok but I think those odds are skimpy. Semi final loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Anyone else supposed to be working and getting f**k all done?

This is tremendous entertainment. Like peak WWF. Just waiting for Trump to hit Biden with a steel chair as he's about to claim victory.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Losing the Senate (looks likely Reps will hold on) is the bigger issue for the Democrats. It'll mean nothing will be done in Washington for the next 4 years.

its at 47 apiece so far according to fox

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

There's 2 seats up for grabs in December though?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The only votes left to count in Nevada are mail-in votes. All in person is done. Unless those mail-ins buck the national trend then it's Bidens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Anyone else supposed to be working and getting f**k all done?

This is tremendous entertainment. Like peak WWF. Just waiting for Trump to hit Biden with a steel chair as he's about to claim victory.

Yeah, but come on if he does that he'll be disqualified if the referee sees it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Oh absolutely. It's the nightmare scenario for the democrats. Lame duck president heading into his 80's and no Senate to get anything done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

its at 47 apiece so far according to fox

One of the Georgia seats is going to a run off.

That's Loeffler's. That'll likely stay GOP now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,883 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Biden extends lead in Wisconsin to 11k votes.

One of the Georgia seats is going to a run off.

That's Loeffler's. That'll likely stay GOP now.

whats a run off?

Aren't you the fella with the bet on Trump? You cash out?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Enquiring wrote: »
    Why would you ask that unless you didn't believe me?

You asked other people.
    You'd be a hypocrite to be asking others and not do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭twinytwo

All it proves it how thick the American public are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah, but come on if he does that he'll be disqualified if the referee sees it.

Not if you pick the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

CNN analysis would suggest Biden is likely to increase his lead in Wisconsin & there is nowhere Trump is likely to make it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

That flies in the face of what has been said earlier, that people vote GOP regardless if their nomination is/would be a racist, bigot, liar etc.?

How could it be a 'disaster' (very Trumpy that one!) for the Democratic party, given that it's impossible to turn those voters? Lets assume that there is only a very marginal amount of people who would be willing to admit they shouldn't have voted for Tump, then this would be a wonderful success for the Democrats, a truly wonderful achievement to get enough to turn them and get over the line.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You asked other people.
    You'd be a hypocrite to be asking others and not do it yourself.

My point here has been made, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

whats a run off?

The top two candidates from the first round of voting go to a second round.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement