Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yea that's 270 but he needs all 3...

yeah. if Biden wins its literally just on the line. What a close election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Imagine if Donald J Trump lost to Joe. How would he live it down? How could his supporters come to terms with it?

How can the worst Democratic presidential nominee in a generation or two, if not ever, be even close to unseating a Republican incumbent? It's truly amazing that the Democrats have managed to get it this close with a near 80 year old who can barely know what day of the week it is.

Definitely one way of looking at it :D but I'd argue you don't have to look back a generation or two for a worse nominee *cough* 4 years *cough*. I think for all his weaknesses at least Biden seems like he wants to do good by the "common man" even if I wouldn't agree on the ways he plans to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

who's jo jorgenson? he seems to be about 1.5% in a lot of states

Libertarian party. Even more economically right wing than the Republicans, but with less of a racist and authoritarian streak. They pretty much believe in zero government interference - no healthcare or social welfare, but also less military spending, and a reduction in anti-drug laws or anti-immigration laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Such a shame Greta's Gonna Get Ya! closed their account, they'd have loved this rollercoaster.

Best news in the past 24hrs, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What you reckon 270 to 268
    Biden just gets it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Real Life wrote: »
    Can anyone quickly sum up for me the reasons Biden is a bad candidate/ person?

I don't know enough about him.

I know the reasons Trump is a bad person. His racism, sexism, ignorance and everything else disqualifies him in my mind but I can't say Biden will be a better president because as I said I don't know.

There was conspiracy theories about his mental capacity and his dealings with his son Hunter. So you'll see people say "Sleepy Joe" and "But what about Hunter's laptop, not looking good, drugs".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The EC is going to be very close either way. The impact of faithless electors could be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Listening to Trump. He really is a cretin. Despicable man..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Real Life wrote: »
    Can anyone quickly sum up for me the reasons Biden is a bad candidate/ person?

He's old and a right-leaning centrist within the Democrat party. He's not a bad person at all, it's just how he's been portrayed by Trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The EC is going to be very close either way. The impact of faithless electors could be massive.

was there a theory that trump would change some of the electors in the states where they can go against the popular vote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,883 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Biden just gets it

Looking the most likely scenario imo. PA could get close but I think it'll still go to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Biden just gets it

Michigan and Nevada still in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Been dipping in and out since 8 after getting about 3 hours sleep lol. The CNN coverage is no where near as good without John King on the magic wall.

I was worried when I went to bed but then when I woke the news of Trumps speech had broke I had hoped he wouldn’t pull the stunt but I wasn’t surprised.

I said it before I went to sleep that it has the smell of Gore v Bush about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

biden to 1.25 with paddy power

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Trump needs to accept the result if he or one of his offspring want to come back in 2024. They'll win absolutely no problem in 2024. Dems will have a crazy candidate and the economy is facing oblivion over the next couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

spook_cook wrote: »
    Biden's VP pick is on record as saying she believes he's a rapist and a racist.

Does that disqualify him for you? Didn't for Kamala but whatevcer

Not true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

namloc1980 wrote: »

Do they have an impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

spook_cook wrote: »
    Biden's VP pick is on record as saying she believes he's a rapist and a racist.

Does that disqualify him for you? Didn't for Kamala but whatevcer

BS. Harris said she believed some women who said Biden touched them in a manner they were uncomfortable with. Nothing to do with rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Looks like Biden is gonna do it at this stage?

Trump will be bulling.

He’s in for some nightmare when he wakes up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Michigan and Nevada still in play.
    Both look to swinging towards Biden at this stage no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

anyone seeing de dodgy sht going on? pausing vote counts, retiring for night time funny de Democrats have a knack in all these races to be huge numbers behind then ahead. Clark County 90 to 10 Biden. I had a very analyst on last night barr ****ery trump had it won hmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Do they have an impact?
    Yes, if they dont vote in alignment with the state's outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Nevada won't finish its count until the 10th - if Biden is on 270, could be a cliffhanger for another week. He could do with PA or Georgia to be able to declare victory today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This neck-to-neck is not good for anyone.
    A major victory for one party would have been best to pre-empt any disputes that now inevitable will follow.

Do they have an impact?

Yes - they are the people who, under the Constitution, actually elect the President.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

anyone seeing de dodgy sht going on? pausing vote counts, retiring for night time funny de Democrats have a knack in all these races to be huge numbers behind then ahead. Clark County 90 to 10 Biden. I had a very analyst on last night barr ****ery trump had it won hmm....

Are you accusing the Democrats of a massive conspiracy?

Pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

hmmm wrote: »
    Nevada won't finish its count until the 10th - if Biden is on 270, could be a cliffhanger for another week. He could do with PA or Georgia to be able to declare victory today.

If Biden is on 270 it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Paddy Power is 4-1 on for Joe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Biden is a racist, his campaign slogan is "No Mullarkey!", a racist term.

He's told black people they aren't black

Its mallarky and since when has this been considered racist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement