Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

humberklog wrote: »
    Right, went to sleep at 4a.m thinking it was easily Trump's. I've been flat out busy until now and offline/radio and can't figure out what the state of play is.

Anyone willing to give a brief synopsis of the present state of play?

Mail in votes on track to give Biden the ECs he needs and possibly change, barring Supreme Court intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The gap isnt closing as fast as theyd like in PA and MI, trump likely to carry both...to victory

What do you mean? His lead in Michigan was 202k about 2 hours ago - it's now down to c.10k. You don't think that's closing "fast enough". There's still c.300k votes to count in Detroit. Trump is in huge trouble in Michigan.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Right, went to sleep at 4a.m thinking it was easily Trump's. I've been flat out busy until now and offline/radio and can't figure out what the state of play is.

4am this morning Biden 3/1 to win

Right now hes 1/4

Trump was right to be absolutely petrified of postal votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Detroit is going to be the tipping point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The gap isnt closing as fast as theyd like in PA and MI, trump likely to carry both...to victory

MI is down to 13,057 with over 500,000 still to count, if the trend of these going to Biden then he'll win. If.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Just pointing out the significance of the 'popular vote'...

Well Sinn Fein got 24% of the vote so clearly the majority of the population voted for them and change.

Momentum is with Biden. Trump in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Showing my ignorance again here, but what happens if/when Trump loses? Does he just stroll off into the sunset and Pence takes over as head of the party until they nominate a new candidate before 2024?

I know he's still officially in office until January or whatever but if he loses and can't get the courts to overturn, he'll be out the door as quick as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,497 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It does. Bookies change odds depending on how much money is staked to minimise potential losses.

THey take it into account, but it's not a massive influence. If it was it would be too easy to influence markets.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Well Sinn Fein got 24% of the vote so clearly the majority of the population voted for them and change.

Wheres Hillary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Michigan it is practically closed already...what are you on about?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    MI is down to 13,057 with over 500,000 still to count, if the trend of these going to Biden then he'll win. If.

The majority of those are Detroit which will heavily go to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Looks like Biden will get Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin. That will be enough.
    Thought Trump had it when I went to bed last night but optimistic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Stayed up till 3.30 watching it, slept till 5 and went to bed a bit depressed. But pretty optimistic now seeing postal vote numbers. I'm thinking Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania,Michigan and Wisconsin end up going Biden. That should put him over the 300 mark so even losing Georgia would still keep him in the lead. Might be an overly optimistic estimate but think tides are turning.

Yea opposite here, well when I went to bed it looked more neck and neck, which in itself was an upset. Even where there was mail-in to come it has seemingly surpassed most people's highest estimates in terms of the ratio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Biden has it. He'll win Nevada, Arizona and Wisconsin, and more than likely Michigan. That's his 270.

That's even before we get to Pennsylvania and Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Smee_Again wrote: »

There not though the trend is towards Trump. It's very tight but he'll nurse Michigan across the line I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Showing my ignorance again here, but what happens if/when Trump loses? Does he just stroll off into the sunset and Pence takes over as head of the party until they nominate a new candidate before 2024?

I know he's still officially in office until January or whatever but if he loses and can't get the courts to overturn, he'll be out the door as quick as he can.

He'll be dropped like a hot snot. Already Republicans are starting to distance themselves from him. Pence will stick around and probably try to mount a run for 2024, but that could be a hard sell.

Pence immediately rowing back from that Trump said in his speech was very telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I look forward to Biden becoming President and curing racism. Also no deaths by cops in his term.

Haha, more importantly how will cnn and our other populist media report things going forward if Biden gets into power?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

It's not like the party political system over here. Trump is not head of the Republican party as such. He was its nominee. Likewise Biden is not head of the Democratic party.

If you want to something analogous to a leader if Trump loses it will be Mitch McConnell in the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Biden scored an extra time goal to take the advantage, still a chance it could go to penalties.
    Before that Trump had cried and wanted to take his ball home before the end of normal time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Christ, hadn't even considered that. Hopefully he keeps himself occupied in the courts because I dread to think what he could get up to with this axe to grind.

Totofan99 wrote: »
    Biden has it. He'll win Nevada, Arizona and Wisconsin, and more than likely Michigan. That's his 270.

That's even before we get to Pennsylvania and Georgia.

Yeah that's very much how is cookie is crumbling at this stage. NC also not necessary.

gmisk wrote: »
    My 300 EC is still possible hurrah.
    I made that prediction at 11 last night before popping off to bed lol.
    I think he really needs a good cushion or Trump will attempt anything to drag it through the courts

Yep I think anything over 290 and he's good in terms of the courts. It's gonna be a crazy day but I think we'll know by the end of it to some extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I see Trump is winning north carolina, georgia, penn by a comfortable margin. 94% votes counted in NA, Georgia and only 64% counted in Penn

Michigan hes only 0.3% ahead of Biden, 90% of votes counted.

So if he wins 3/4 he gets 51, if he wins all 4 he gets 67, gets him there for 270.

Put on your shades, get a grip, and chew bubble gum. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

There not though the trend is towards Trump. It's very tight but he'll nurse Michigan across the line I think.

He can't 'nurse' anything. Its down to other people counting votes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Officially yes but Pensylvania will allow ballots to be sent in for anothe 3 days so...you can vote after you know the result basically.

No, it allows votes to still be delivered by the post office. They still need to be postmarked by election day.

That is why Trump was trying to make the postal system fail though so that votes wouldn't be delivered in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

In the postal voting which is all that's mostly left the trend is towards Biden, in some case by as much as 4:1

What are the chances of both Trump & Biden actually surviving the stress on their hearts...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

namloc1980 wrote: »
    If he goes down that road he'll need to provide very solid proof that a) they were fraudulent AND b) materially impacted the outcome of the election. Gonna be next to impossible to prove that (mainly because it's no more than a conspiracy theory designed to cause chaos).

well i agree there. just on rte news, the head of trumps campaign successfully got a vote reversed back in 93 (i think) due to irregularities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Getting worried about your large bet now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement