Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

mcburns07 wrote: »
    It'll go down as one of countless moments where Trump has talked absolute s**t :)

He was incorrect/being positive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Now it's time for Biden to beat covid-19, rescue the economy, end fracking, heal race relations and make America grand again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

So who is it going to be for the next 4 years...

Alex Baldwin or Jim Carey...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

bye bye donny we hardly fcukin knew ye!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

It does. Bookies change odds depending on how much money is staked to minimise potential losses.

A lot of misconceptions about bookies odds here and I know it’s not really important in the grand scheme of things but for clarity odds are affected by

Weight of money
    Shrewd and not so shrewd customers - according to the company
    Gambler locations
    Polls
    Hedging opportunities
    Etc etc

Bookies have huge amounts of data and adjust their prices accordingly.

Not aimed at you FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Totofan99 wrote: »
    Biden has it. He'll win Nevada, Arizona and Wisconsin, and more than likely Michigan. That's his 270.

That's even before we get to Pennsylvania and Georgia.

He has Arizona, he still needs Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan. Don't think he'll carry 3 of them maybe 2.

Pennsylvania all depends on the mail, Trump will carry Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There not though the trend is towards Trump. It's very tight but he'll nurse Michigan across the line I think.
    It was over 200k not that long ago....
    Still a lot of votes to count and large chunk in detroit.
    Biden is clear favourite imo for Michigan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

froog wrote: »
    the problem was everyone knew he was going to do it weeks in advance and just laughed at him when he did it. from both sides.

What most people don't understand is that the election is only the very first step in the selection of a President.

If the President concedes then the other steps become little more than rubber-stamping. That is why most people are not aware of them. But that initial election is really only an input into some of the next ones. Some of the later mechanisms are under no obligation to even acknowledge the vote (or the later EC votes for that matter)

If there is no conceding, then people will be in for an education over the next few months!

There not though the trend is towards Trump. It's very tight but he'll nurse Michigan across the line I think.

Looks like you won't be able to afford an Escobar phone until the next election year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump's lead in Michigan went from 200k to 13k in the space of 2 hours and there's around 300k yet to be counted in Detroit alone. He ain't "nursing" anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He has Arizona, he still needs Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan. Don't think he'll carry 3 of them maybe 2.

Pennsylvania all depends on the mail, Trump will carry Georgia.

Has wisconsin by the looks of it

Enquiring wrote: »
    Getting worried about your large bet now?

Cash out option is still there, not looking as healthy but I'll hold my nerve, can easily swing again if Biden doesn't carry Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

tigger123 wrote: »
    He can't 'nurse' anything. Its down to other people counting votes.

Ah Jesus....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Enquiring wrote: »
    Things have really changed in the past few hours. Will it switch again? Some of these posts ain't looking the wisest.

Sums up the the support base. Trumps basement dwellers blindly following every word he says without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The simplest way for Trump to find the 54 electoral votes he needs would be to win Pennsylvania and at least three other states. If he does not win Pennsylvania, Trump must make a clean sweep of all five remaining states to get to 270.

Biden could win by holding down Michigan, Wisconsin and Nevada.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Russians are doing a schit job of rigging this election.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Trump's lead in Michigan went from 200k to 13k in the space of 2 hours and there's around 300k yet to be counted in Detroit alone. He ain't "nursing" anything.

Is Detroit for Biden, would have put them in the Trump camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Philadelphia would be lovely for Biden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Anything to be said for Trump declaring victory again?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

humberklog wrote: »
    Right, went to sleep at 4a.m thinking it was easily Trump's. I've been flat out busy until now and offline/radio and can't figure out what the state of play is.

Anyone willing to give a brief synopsis of the present state of play?

Trump is having a tantrum, crying, banging his little fists and screaming about it not being fair and warning he's going to tell his mommy, Suprema Courtney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

THey take it into account, but it's not a massive influence. If it was it would be too easy to influence markets.

Its the biggest single influencer in fluid markets like this one. Statistics and polls would be used to set the market up but when you get to a situation with the level of funds in play, money placed is what affects the odds most. And markets are easily influenced if you have a load of money.

To be perfectly honest, the betting market for this is a fine example. Predictions for weeks of Biden taking some states late in the day. So this outcome isn't unexpected but a flurry of bets from a few interested parties who then let the market continue the trend. Original stakera then bet out the opposite side locking in a nice profit. The swings in betting are huge over the last few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Cash out option is still there, not looking as healthy but I'll hold my nerve, can easily swing again if Biden doesn't carry Michigan.

What's the cash out amount now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The majority of those are Detroit which will heavily go to Biden.

Yes, Wayne County at 64% counted and Oakland County at 85% mean a lot of votes for Biden still to be counted. Biden could increase his lead by 150,000 votes from Wayne County alone based on current split and tally count.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

What most people don't understand is that the election is only the very first step in the selection of a President.

If the President concedes then the other steps become little more than rubber-stamping. That is why most people are not aware of them. But that initial election is really only an input into some of the next ones. Some of the later mechanisms are under no obligation to even acknowledge the vote (or the later EC votes for that matter)

If there is no conceding, then people will be in for an education over the next few months!

no one will dispute the results except trump. if he refuses to leave he will literally be removed by the army. question is, does he want to be remembered for that for this rest of history?

It's very tight. I agree.

Did you manage to cash out or are you riding this baby until the end?
    Edit: just seen your reply. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

My friends from Detroit are saying it's very much Dem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How in God's name is the trend towards Trump?

He was up by a mile in Michigan and now almost level. At 10am (our time) he had a 5% lead, now its down to 0.2%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

vojiwox wrote: »
    Anything to be said for Trump declaring victory again?

Anything to be said for another mass Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very much vote strongly democrat traditionally.
    The votes counted from Detroit so far have been massively in favour of Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

froog wrote: »
    no one will dispute the results except trump. if he refuses to leave he will literally be removed by the army. question is, does he want to be remembered for that for this rest of history?

Knowing Trump - probably.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement