Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

gmisk wrote: »
    I know a legally blind computer repair shop owner who can help you!

The pervy guy from Borat 2 can collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He has not tweeted in 6 hours. Something is up. Normally he is firing tweets first thing at this time of the morning.

Has to be asleep tbf. He's old

Is Detroit for Biden, would have put them in the Trump camp.

It is, treating a place like it's from Mad Max doesn't make you more likely to vote for the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This alone demonstrates that putting such a large bet on something you seemingly know very little about probably wasn't the wisest decision.

I didn't make my bet based on Detroit, thinking about it now can see why it would lean Dem with such a high unemployment rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Supreme Court will allow Pennsylvania to count mail ballots 3 days after Election Day

The justices divided 4-4 Monday, an outcome that upholds a state Supreme Court ruling that allowed election officials to receive and count ballots until Nov. 6, even if they don't have a clear postmark."

Not sure what means. Does it mean a date cannot be discerned? Can the postmark be missing altogether?

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-ballots-extension-supreme-court-20201019.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

accensi0n wrote: »
    Pennsilvania seems unlikely for Biden.
    60/40 split of remaining votes still has Trump winning by 250k.
    Using stats from CBS.

Hillary got 80% of the post in votes in 2016. Reckon Trump might hang on but it will be very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

They genuinely thought everyone would just go for biden, even if he wins at this point itll be the smallest most hollow win for the democrats and primes the republicans to come back with a vengance in 2024.

your boy is a one term loser. you need to come to terms with that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

froog wrote: »
    some biden supporters seem disappointed this wasn't a landslide. bear in mind, no one thought anyone could beat trump a year ago.

They've good reason to be disappointment. GOP Senate, thin House majority and a strong left wing faction in the party which will undermine him at every move. That's before you take into account that a large chunk of the population believe he will be an illegitimate president. It's not a recipe for getting much work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

On a county basis he's ahead in all but one or two.
    The county numbers aren't important though it's overall vote for the state.
    Detroit has what 600k plus people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Fox news calling shenanigans and underhand tactics from Democrats - devastated at Trump's gains being wiped out in some states. Advocating legal action.

I guess everyone and their dog knows Biden has it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

your boy is a one term loser. you need to come to terms with that.

No one has won or lost yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Thank you.

He has huge lead in Penn. has leads in Georgia and North Carolina. reading some posts here u'd think trump is 100+ behind :rolleyes:

I think Michigan is key and it's hard to see Trump hold it with something like 780k votes left to checked but it's going to be very tight I think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

biko wrote: »
    "Supreme Court will allow Pennsylvania to count mail ballots 3 days after Election Day

The justices divided 4-4 Monday, an outcome that upholds a state Supreme Court ruling that allowed election officials to receive and count ballots until Nov. 6, even if they don't have a clear postmark."

Not sure what means. Does it mean a date cann0ot be discerned? Can the postmark be missing altogether?

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-ballots-extension-supreme-court-20201019.html

Can't be discerned.

I didn't make my bet based on Detroit, thinking about it now can see why it would lean Dem with such a high unemployment rate.

I'm aware, but it does demonstrate that you didn't do much research before placing your large bet. I only have a casual interest in US politics but even I know that Detroit would very obviously not be for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Like it or not folks, Donald Trump ain't going nowhere. He is going to harrange Joe Biden/Kamala Harris for the next 4 years. He'll either be setting it up for himself or Ivanka or the sons and theyll win. The support for Trump is passionate.

The economy is going into the stink. Joe Biden will be under serious is pressure to avoid lockdowns.

Policemen are still going to be killing black people. BLM/Antifa are going nowhere either and BLM are going to have to at some stage account for where all of that money has gone to. Black people are starting to move away from the Democrat party too.

Biden will have to at some stage address his Ukraine and China links. He is in an accountable role now. A candidate is a free member of the public, available to answer or not answer any question he wants to. A President Can't. There will be a time when he has to address it.

Kamala Harris is probably more unpopular than Hillary Clinton. That take a lot of going. She ain't winning an election in 2024 as the nominee.

The fringe elements of the Democrat Party will elect a crazy to run in 2024. Biden won't last that Long. The Republicans will run a Trump.

Donald Trump had the full arm of the media and Big Tech against him for 4 years and still managed to get 48% of the vote. It's remarkable what he achieved.

All that has been won by the Democrats is a dumpster fire that will tear their party apart from over a decade. The Republicans are united under the Trumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Even if Biden pulls off a miracle here with mail in votes and get's it past the supreme court he'll be a lame duck president from day one. The utter embarrassment of only squeaking past Trump despite having more money to campaign with, big media on his side, social media on his side, Hollywood on his side, Trump's handling of the coronavirus crisis on his side etc... etc... and still only getting in by a hair is frankly pathetic.

A disaster for the Democrats.

Well the Republicans have their own problems.
    Urban voters are overwhelmingly Democrat.
    And urban areas are growing not shrinking like the hicksvilles where the majority Republican voters are.
    Voters in the 18-20 year group are mostly Democrat.
    Non white voters are majorily Democrat and non white population is growing.

Only a moron, even though sometimes it seems it's an entry requirement for the Republican party looking at some of the outlandish comments from both supporters, members and representatives, would not worry about the trends.
    Why are people posting screenshots of bets with PP?!? :confused:

PP are adopting Russian style of influencing ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just checking, are your friends really from Detroit? Or is this like the fella overnight that posted local news about how he lived in a particular US city, and it was very pro Biden, they even had a local nickname for him etc.

Then forgot he had done it and posted a near identical post but from a different city?

Highlight of the entire election cycle.

Haha

Sorry, yeah, that does sound like I'm taking the piss. No I really do have Friends from Detroit. Large black population and a lot of ex heavy industry families very loyal to Obama.

They genuinely thought everyone would just go for biden, even if he wins at this point itll be the smallest most hollow win for the democrats and primes the republicans to come back with a vengance in 2024.

Where do Republicans go from here though? Remember all the high profile ones were originally vehemently opposed to Trump, said he wasn't fit for office. They changed their tune but now have to decide either to keep the cult alive or go back to more traditional conservatism and away from the bombast and cries of fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

nonsense. concession is not required for the winner to take office.

You are correct. I never said that. What I did say was not nonsense.

I said that concession makes the other steps merely a rubber stamping. Concession means that those other steps will not be challenged. No concession is an indication that they will be challenged.

You might not be aware of those steps, but unfortunately you might have to learn about them over the next few months. It will not be, as you seem to think. just the election and then the army dragging him out of the Whitehouse

There is no point coming on here and getting aggressive against someone who is just telling you something that you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Not sure what means. Does it mean a date cann0ot be discerned? Can the postmark be missing altogether?

If trump wins the election because of PA ill be super suspicious of any biden votes showing up for the next 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Biden is going to take Michigan. Could hit the 270 today.

It'll be great to see the end of Trump but I won't just be happy with that. I'd like to see Biden pass 300. That would mean winning Georgia and Pennsylvania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

They've good reason to be disappointment. GOP Senate, thin House majority and a strong left wing faction in the party which will undermine him at every move. That's before you take into account that a large chunk of the population believe he will be an illegitimate president. It's not a recipe for getting much work done.

As long as Trump is gone a lot of people will take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

is ACB not official yet? or why only 8 votes?

cant see how you can count votes with no postmark (if that is what the above means)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,432 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think Bidens fear of the coronavirus on the campaign trail really hurt him. Optics wise.

But I have one question - are we sure the Trump really had Covid19? I doubt it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Time for another espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Like it or not folks, Donald Trump ain't going nowhere. He is going to harrange Joe Biden/Kamala Harris for the next 4 years. He'll either be setting it up for himself or Ivanka or the sons and theyll win. The support for Trump is passionate.

The economy is going into the stink. Joe Biden will be under serious is pressure to avoid lockdowns.

Policemen are still going to be killing black people. BLM/Antifa are going nowhere either and BLM are going to have to at some stage account for where all of that money has gone to. Black people are starting to move away from the Democrat party too.

Biden will have to at some stage address his Ukraine and China links. He is in an accountable role now. A candidate is a free member of the public, available to answer or not answer any question he wants to. A President Can't. There will be a time when he has to address it.

Kamala Harris is probably more unpopular than Hillary Clinton. That take a lot of going. She ain't winning an election in 2024 as the nominee.

The fringe elements of the Democrat Party will elect a crazy to run in 2024. Biden won't last that Long. The Republicans will run a Trump.

Donald Trump had the full arm of the media and Big Tech against him for 4 years and still managed to get 48% of the vote. It's remarkable what he achieved.

All that has been won by the Democrats is a dumpster fire that will tear their party apart from over a decade. The Republicans are united under the Trumps.

trump was always a convenient idiot for the GOP. they will abandon him en masse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm not surprised this was a lot closer than the polls suggested, but
    I think Biden is going to edge it.
    Donald will then concede graciously and stand down his lawyers. I just saw a pig fly past the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Where do Republicans go from here though? Remember all the high profile ones were originally vehemently opposed to Trump, said he wasn't fit for office. They changed their tune but now have to decide either to keep the cult alive or go back to more traditional conservatism and away from the bombast and cries of fake news.

Mitch mcconnell if he wasnt so old :pac: , but in reality theyll have to prime somebody a little more acceptable to moderates but still with a bit of conservative fire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think Bidens fear of the coronavirus on the campaign trail really hurt him. Optics wise.

whatever about having it; he was definitely on something there for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i cant imagine doctors lying about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement