Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Like it or not folks, Donald Trump ain't going nowhere. He is going to harrange Joe Biden/Kamala Harris for the next 4 years. He'll either be setting it up for himself or Ivanka or the sons and theyll win. The support for Trump is passionate.

The economy is going into the stink. Joe Biden will be under serious is pressure to avoid lockdowns.

Policemen are still going to be killing black people. BLM/Antifa are going nowhere either and BLM are going to have to at some stage account for where all of that money has gone to. Black people are starting to move away from the Democrat party too.

Biden will have to at some stage address his Ukraine and China links. He is in an accountable role now. A candidate is a free member of the public, available to answer or not answer any question he wants to. A President Can't. There will be a time when he has to address it.

Kamala Harris is probably more unpopular than Hillary Clinton. That take a lot of going. She ain't winning an election in 2024 as the nominee.

The fringe elements of the Democrat Party will elect a crazy to run in 2024. Biden won't last that Long. The Republicans will run a Trump.

Donald Trump had the full arm of the media and Big Tech against him for 4 years and still managed to get 48% of the vote. It's remarkable what he achieved.

All that has been won by the Democrats is a dumpster fire that will tear their party apart from over a decade. The Republicans are united under the Trumps.

Yep the sky will fall because Trump may not be in power :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I think Bidens fear of the coronavirus on the campaign trail really hurt him. Optics wise.

But I have one question - are we sure the Trump really had Covid19? I doubt it.

His wife and son had it too. As did many of his staff.

Were they all in on it?

Did the 7 or so medical doctors lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mitch mcconnell if he wasnt so old :pac: , but in reality theyll have to prime somebody a little more acceptable to moderates but still with a bit of conservative fire
    Nikki haley would be obvious choice I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mikefromcork

Trump already has more votes than Obama won with in 2012. :)

When Obama was re-elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Get him a time machine and he's sorted so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden is on course to have the most votes ever in a presidential election :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think Bidens fear of the coronavirus on the campaign trail really hurt him. Optics wise.

I think he definitely had it.
    He luckily had access to excellent healthcare.

I think Biden did the right thing, the amount of cases which will come out of those rallies will be huge imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

froog wrote: »
    trump was always a convenient idiot for the GOP. they will abandon him en masse now.

Too late for that; the cat is now out of the bag and will not go back - there will definitely be a Trump running in 2024, if there is an election that year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭donegal_man

... The Republicans are united under the Trumps.

Are they though? Isn't that the kind of thinking that pretty much helped Hillary Clinton to lose in 2016? I'm not entirely sure the American public is that fond of dynastic politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

All that has been won by the Democrats is a dumpster fire that will tear their party apart from over a decade. The Republicans are united under the Trumps.

Yes. Trump took a peaceful, functioning, powerful economy respected across the world and turned it into a Dumpster fire (your own words) in 4 years. Wow.

And if he loses, he'll go to jail.

If he wins, imagine the SIZE of the fire he can make..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

namloc1980 wrote:
    Biden is on course to have the most votes ever in a presidential election
    Nobody cares about that stuff. Electoral college votes are all that matters.

Jizique wrote: »
    Too late for that; the cat is now out of the bag and will not go back - there will definitely be a Trump running in 2024, if there is an election that year

Why wouldn't there be an election in 2024?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nobody cares about that stuff. Electoral college votes are all that matters.

I was quoting their post and showing how silly it is. Jeez man relax

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

accensi0n wrote: »
    Pennsilvania seems unlikely for Biden.
    60/40 split of remaining votes still has Trump winning by 250k.
    Using stats from CBS.

Aye luckily Biden doesn't need PA to win! It will be close but depending where the early ballots are from will determine how much they split for Biden!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Like it or not folks, Donald Trump ain't going nowhere. He is going to harrange Joe Biden/Kamala Harris for the next 4 years. He'll either be setting it up for himself or Ivanka or the sons and theyll win. The support for Trump is passionate.

The economy is going into the stink. Joe Biden will be under serious is pressure to avoid lockdowns.

Policemen are still going to be killing black people. BLM/Antifa are going nowhere either and BLM are going to have to at some stage account for where all of that money has gone to. Black people are starting to move away from the Democrat party too.

Biden will have to at some stage address his Ukraine and China links. He is in an accountable role now. A candidate is a free member of the public, available to answer or not answer any question he wants to. A President Can't. There will be a time when he has to address it.

Kamala Harris is probably more unpopular than Hillary Clinton. That take a lot of going. She ain't winning an election in 2024 as the nominee.

The fringe elements of the Democrat Party will elect a crazy to run in 2024. Biden won't last that Long. The Republicans will run a Trump.

Donald Trump had the full arm of the media and Big Tech against him for 4 years and still managed to get 48% of the vote. It's remarkable what he achieved.

Where does this deep love of nepotism come from? Do you long for the days of feudalism? What on Earth has Ivanka or Donald Jnr. done on merit to prove that they can serve us well? You know that they serve us right?

I still think this is too close to call, the absentee ballots give biden the edge but if we are in small margins in many states, perhaps recounts might be called for, this could take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭dinorebel

And Biden has the highest vote count of any candidate ever, totally misleading statistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't there be an election in 2024?

Don’t want to go all Germany in the 30s, but as a keen student of history, certain events unfolded which led to the need to hold elections being abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Was Biden drunk during his speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Was Biden drunk during his speech?

I know I was anyway

• Advertisement

Mitch mcconnell if he wasnt so old :pac: , but in reality theyll have to prime somebody a little more acceptable to moderates but still with a bit of conservative fire

That runs the risk of losing the votes that Trump energised. I dislike the man but there's no doubt he tapped into a section of the electorate that felt abandoned, he didn't achieve anything of note for these voters but still commands their absolute loyalty.

They don't want a polished politician, they want an aggressive wannabe tough guy, they want rudeness, they enjoy the name calling, he tells them what they want to hear and they don't critically assess what he says. He made them believe he was on their side and he attacked the groups they don't like. Three word soundbites. Get asked a question where the answer is difficult? Nasty question, fake news.

They'll struggle to find someone to match what made Trump attractive to a sizeable chunk of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Don’t want to go all Germany in the 30s, but as a keen student of history, certain events unfolded which led to the need to hold elections being abandoned

Ah here :)

Is Biden going to go full Hitler or something? You can rest easy that's not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So when I went asleep last night there was over 100 in the difference. Now its neck and neck.

Irishtime have it as 224 V 214
    NY Times have it as 227 v 213

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Hmmm.
    It will be interesting if Trump and his family are tied up in court defending themselves from especially obstruction of justice.
    Then there are his taxes.

In the past sitting presidents did not go after past presidents e.g Nixon, but because of Trump's behaviour there might be a taste for full retribution.
    Harris has mostly definitely said she would go after prosecutions.

Trump had a massive social media presence and Fox News dedicated solely to aiding him.

Besides old fashioned media is dying a death so not as influential as it once was.

What do you mean big tech against him?
    Facebook and twitter are god sends to him.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 56,427 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joe now 3 to 1 on, and Trump at 2 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm a Biden supporter in that I think he's better than Trump. Based on that criteria I could support anyone. Either way the fact that this is so close is very worrying for the simple fact that a large number of Americans don't seem to have a good sense of decency and think a reality TV star makes a good president. I work over there a lot of the time and it's off-putting to think that some of my colleagues may have voted for a man who brags about sexual assault and was sued by the Nixon administration for discriminating against black people. More worryingly is the fact that if Trump loses there will likely be violence.

For me a Biden victory would be nice, however, should he be elected now it would mean that he would take all the blame for Trump's coronovirus, foreign policy and economic decisions.

If Trump won at least he wouldn't be able to blame Obama anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus Christ, Joe Duffy is on Liveline taking to any kind of yokel from the US that will pick up a phone right now, it's a train-wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

walshb wrote: »
    Joe now 3 to 1 on, and Trump at 2 to 1

yeah, he is drifting ever so slightly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why would he fake it? To gain sympathy? Wouldn't it be just as likely to demonstrate to floating voters how feckless and irresponsible he and his inner circle have been around the virus?

Anyway, someone was saying during his video addresses while 'sick', Trump was exhibiting a 'catch' in his breath distinctive to covid cases that would be almost impossible to feign.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement