Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have just been exposed to RTE for the last half hour & browsed the last few posts here.... Jebus when are people going to learn, Trump will win, dont beleive the mainstream media. The polls & the media were wrong folks!! They are not suddenly going to be right today... I dont know what the point of spinning this narritive is seeing as voting is over??

Please explain how you see this happening, whats your total numbers and how did you come to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Peter_OConnor

I can only tell you that nerds like myself enjoy the detail and drama :). It doesn't preclude or stop me taking an interest in local issues closer to home. Also it's only once every four years.

I also have to admit that I find it hard to look away from the Trump reality circus even though I know that's exactly what he wants. It's a bit of a sick addiction that I can't kick.

The next few days and weeks are like the season finale of a show you have invested in for four years so you stay up to watch it. Just like Game of Thrones it might be a terrible ending that you hate but you can't help yourself watching!
    TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    i know im in the thread contributing with this post but i don't understand why so many people take such interest in this .

I have friends in WhatsApp groups quoting swing states and electoral college this and popular vote that and they know **** all about irish politics or take an interest in anything going on in their own neighbourhood.

They pretend its because it will affect their day to day lives but i feel its just been sexed up for them via the west wing and house of cards. It also makes them feel intellectual to take an interest in it.

I find it all rather perverse. People talking about staying up all night to watch it etc.

Our own Tanaiste was in the "dock" today and there was a young lad attacked with an axe in the head in Dublin in broad daylight. There are more people talking about an election in a different country than those topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Trump is coming back into this now. Odd's tightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Please explain how you see this happening, whats your total numbers and how did you come to them?

Biden is now leading Michigan. That's 270 on the board if it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Biden just took the lead in Michigan!!

Where are you seeing that? What I'm looking at must be way behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Zardoz

froog wrote: »
    some biden supporters seem disappointed this wasn't a landslide. bear in mind, no one thought anyone could beat trump a year ago.

Biden might barely crawl over the line .
    Trump has had to contend with a pandemic that wrecked the economy and killed hundreds of thousands, a marxist BLM organisation egged on by the Democrats and a largely biased media.
    In spite of all of that Trump could still win .
    Trump would have easily been re-elected but for Covid-19.

This would be funny if it weren't so worrying

https://twitter.com/KarlBrophy/status/1323953007923527684

I was watching at the time, and the way they were talking, it was as if they were saying that there was a large male vote, which favoured Biden. It made no sense. The explanation was probably required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Part of me hopes Trump does take it to the Supreme Court and the conservative Judges exercising true judicial independence stick the boot in against Republican expectations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Does Trump know how genuinely unhinged he comes across or does he not care ???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Biden just took the lead in Michigan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Jizique wrote: »
    We have not had a peaceful transition of power yet

If he loses he will throw a tantrum and tie it up with lawyers for a while but he will not be allowed some sort of power grab.

More dangerous for American democracy if he gets his arse in the seat for another few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

froog wrote: »
    some biden supporters seem disappointed this wasn't a landslide. bear in mind, no one thought anyone could beat trump a year ago.

I wouldn't be a Biden supporter but I would have hoped he'd have swept it a bit more if nothing else than to show the western world there is no place for people like Donald Trump in places where decisions about the direction we wish to take society are made.
    It'll be like if FF were battling the National Party in a general election and all the others were completely out of the race. I'd have no time for FF but I'd have to hope they'd wipe the floor with the NP to ease my nerves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

More likely to expand the lead in Michigan. Still 33% of the votes in Wayne county are left to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Qiaonasen wrote: »

probably a metric **** ton of money been thrown on him causing that.

Once joe wraps up MI its pretty much game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    You should pay more attention to the votes than the odds. Biden looking better in WI and then just needs one of MI or PA to get his 270+.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Misguided1 wrote: »

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/us-election-2020-results-20201102-p56ars.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

michigan blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Come on Trump :pac:

CNN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Michigan turned blue now according to CNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Biden just took the lead in Michigan!!

The Republican SC must have given Trump the cold shoulder when he asked them to stop the counting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

on CNN

Biden 2,470,704
    Trump 2,469,367

89%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I didn't make my bet based on Detroit, thinking about it now can see why it would lean Dem with such a high unemployment rate.

Cities almost always vote for the Democratic candidate, regardless of the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

This would be funny if it weren't so worrying

https://twitter.com/KarlBrophy/status/1323953007923527684

Not a surprise. Country full of dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a Biden supporter but I would have hoped he'd have swept it a bit more if nothing else than to show the western world there is no place for people like Donald Trump in places where decisions about the direction we wish to take society are made.
    It'll be like if FF were battling the National Party in a general election and all the others were completely out of the race. I'd have no time for FF but I'd have to hope they'd wipe the floor with the NP to ease my nerves :)

Still all to play for, but Dem gains in Tx, GA, NC, getting back into the rust belt, bodes well for the future of the DNC beyond this election, not sure if another GOP candidate will be able to motivate voters as much (or voters to vote against him!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'd say the Chinese are **** themselves silly right now.

Probably a bit disgusted to be honest. They took Trump to the cleaners for the last 4 years - even got him to put tarriffs on their imported products that directly impacted and had a financial impact on US business and consumers and widened the trade gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,767 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It actually seems like Trump and his fans 8am celebrations have all gone a bit Buemi

wUd7WmC.gif

Fair play America.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    on CNN

Biden 2,470,704
    Trump 2,469,367

89%

From AP:
    Biden 2,502,185
    Trump 2,492,118

94% reporting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is that set in stone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement