Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's all over bar the law suits and riots. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Aside from the taste of victory, surely this is still a sh*t show for the Democrats? They look likely to squeak through 270-268 against the most disliked candidate in history (even more than Hilary), and will be fairly powerless due to failing to take the Senate. Plus in 4 years they'll be fighting for reelection for either 81 year old Joe Biden, or the very unpopular Kamela Harris.

Any half decent Republican candidate would be a strong favourite.

There's not a whole lot of glory to be had here, even with a win.

Any half-decent candidate would have thrasher Trump. Problem is, Democrats couldn't find one. Twice.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

spook_cook wrote: »
    The polls showed Brexit was happening but the political class and media types knew better... Some pollsters do get it right, some have got this right. But losers like Nate Silver should have been a laughing stock after 2016 but again was actually seriously listened to this time round. And will be in four years again.

"Just 16 of 168 individual polls predicted a 52:48 split in favour of leave."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/how-eu-referendum-pollsters-wrong-opinion-predict-close

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

In fairness, the Fox News decision desk is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭dasdog

Does anyone know what exact time Michigan swung at ?

I'd like to remember it forever !!!

The map I am using changed colour at 14:06 - I know as I was chatting to a friend who had just asked me how it was going and I replied to her at that time saying it just flipped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

hmmm wrote: »
    It also takes the pressure off Nevada, and would allow him to effectively give a victory speech today at some stage.

Arizona could be tight.

Reporting percentage went from 80% - 84%. As it did Biden's lead fell from 130,000 to 97,000. Still 520,000 votes to go which will favour Trump. Probably not enough to close the gap, but it could be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Feeling somewhat less confident than this morning?

Its horrifying to see so many people openly embrace facism on here, and want to over turn a democratic vote like this.

The Republicans have already engaged in massive voter suppression, especially of minority communities. The only side cheat has been the Republicans and they have done so openly.

IMO, the US is not really a democracy, due to all the voter suppression and the absurd electoral college, among a whole of of other issues, and all that is btw in favor of Republicans.

The fact that any Trump supported would have the gall to accuse the other side of cheating, when there guy has been doing it openly is ****ing astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

wadacrack wrote: »

Don't know what that sh1t is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

A win in Pennsylvania and Georgia would be a big boost for Biden, otherwise as you say his presidency will start off in somewhat of a quagmire. The less avenues for Trump to launch vexatious legal challenges the better.

I still think Biden will nick Pennsylvania for a nice margin of victory but maybe come up a little short in Georgia

Biden now 1/5 on PP. Is that the best odds either candidate has had so far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

cnocbui wrote: »
    Have you got a link for this fraud? You could try asking Donald, I'm sure he has some screenshots of some he got off a blind mans laptop the FBI stole from him.

If the president says there is fraud that's good enough for me.

Courts will swing it his way and justice will prevail.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,433 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Joe at 5 to 1 on now!!!!

Looking like a win for biden now, sad to see trump lose , was a great president.

I'll give you credit for acknowledging the inevitable, compared to other Trump supporters who will cry foul and encourage a circumvention of the counting process.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

spook_cook wrote: »
    I don't think mine has. I'm as narky as a year ago

Join date 22/10/2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

wadacrack wrote: »

The 135 people that liked his tweet live in a commune in the woods together.

Keep drinking the kool-aid, it's entertaining to the rest of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

Looking like a win for biden now, sad to see trump lose , was a great president.

Silver lining is alteast all those cities arent going to get smashed up and looted by the Mentally unstable Left

Let's hope the Biden administration puts a real focus on far-right, white domestic terrorism post-Trump. It's going to be real worry for the US, given they are already deemed one of the biggest threats to the safety of the country, and that was with their man in the White House, imagine when he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,433 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The President needs to get this obvious mail in fraud thrown out. The Democrats must not be allowed subvert democracy like this.

It's scary to think that there are people like you espousing this....

And millions believing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

^^ See chaps, these are the stages of grief.

First comes anger..

We should show these guys some understanding. It's going to be a very tough time for many of them, because they felt so sure of what was going to happen tonight.

Just remember, these guys are victims too. They were lied to by the media and their pollster friends and everyone else. It was a cruel trick played on unsuspecting citizens!

time to take your own advice dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,501 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Biden now 1/5 on PP. Is that the best odds either candidate has had so far?

Pretty much, Although spreades is offereing 1.17 on Biden ( 1/5 is 1.20)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Trump is hated by his opponents, but equally is loved by his followers. They have made being a Trump supporter a significant part of their character and identity.

It is dangerous for any democracy for this kind of worship to exist, hopefully some of the spell will be broken but I doubt it.

It seems to me many still underestimate him and his (unusual) appeal.

I've been on Trump for the populist agenda, the republicans have to stick with that if they want to be competitive. Anyone who attempts to actually shift the balance on major issues in America will see the full weight of all the institutions come down on them too. That's why the things that have happened to Trump will mean AOC / Bernie and the like will never get power. Some people on the left have already twigged this. Let's not kid ourselves, you may like that Biden is not Trump but he's the pick of Wall St., media and washington dc.

The kleptocracy continues and the media will continue to bat for this type of politician, Republican or Democrat. With Trump there was the excuse that he's being attacked because he's so corrupt, immoral etc. but it will be the same any time anyone from outside the game wants to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mirafiori wrote: »
    IMO Biden would not seek re-election, and Kamala Harris would need to go through the primary process. She is not just guaranteed the nomination. Her future popularity is unknown, of course, but should become clear in due course.

If Joe gets elected I would put good money on him not making the 2 year mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If the soon to be ex president says there is fraud that's good enough for me.

Fixed that for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No they won't swing anything his way. Just accept where this is going. No need to get upset and angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Reporting percentage went from 80% - 84%. As it did Biden's lead fell from 130,000 to 97,000. Still 520,000 votes to go which will favour Trump. Probably not enough to close the gap, but it could be close.
    Explain how the remaining votes favour Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

People who are claiming that the democrats are having a shîtshow I think are speaking too quick. If Biden wins NV, WI, MI and PA then while not being a landslide it’s quiet a victory for any candidate.

The mail-in ballots haven’t been counted in full yet, there are reports of a 75% Biden swing in some areas. If that continues throughout the day this might not be close at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

sky88 wrote: »
    whatever happens this has had me gripped all day not a thing done in work
    Will ya sshhhh
    You'll get us all discovered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

just stop lad. have some dignity in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Let's hope the Biden administration puts a real focus on far-right, white domestic terrorism post-Trump. It's going to be real worry for the US, given they are already deemed one of the biggest threats to the safety of the country, and that was with their man in the White House, imagine when he loses.

Maybe Jussie Smollet can head up a task force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement