Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where are you getting this?:confused:

https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2020/general/michigan

He'll pulled back nearly 20k votes it's starting to tighten up again...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Deutsche Bank called looking for their money so he's hiding out in the bunker.

Ha! "Can they extradite me from Brazil? Jair is a friend right? Yes, they can? Kim, Kim, get him on the phone?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Apologies if it's been asked already but if someone sends a mail in ballot on Monday, I assume it's not been counted yet or even received on the Tuesday, if that person goes in and votes on the Tuesday in-person, how do they reconcile that one person voted twice and only one vote counts.

I'm assuming it's a tally count they're doing so as the counters are going through they go 1 Biden, 2 Biden etc rather than taking into account who actually voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

TomSweeney wrote: »

Oh man. Please think for yourself and don't swallow guff from Mr Trump/social media

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The electoral collage system is going to come under huge pressure after this election regardless of the result. Polling 4-5 millions votes more than the other guy and not being declared the winner is an affront to democracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

At least BLM will now stop rioting and destroying the place.

One group in and one group out. Swapsies

I wonder how much looting and destruction there actually was..

Funny how those eager to scream fake news, lap it up when the narrative suits them (generalising, not accusing you EM).

interesting.

Anyway.. hopefully that's the first era of Trump in politics over. Maybe things will calm down a bit before Melania tries for the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I think I can hear the Harmony of the Spheres today, at least since about 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

npr august

times Oct

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/24/us/elections/trump-votes-florida.html

theres video evidence also, google
    That NPR link actually explains it, the "community ballot collection" but you can win the internet if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

From this mornings feeling to now, no better woman to sum up the mood..

giphy.gif

thequint%2F2019-01%2Fc30a0ba7-b10e-4dd7-b418-cac06597f25b%2Fdance_gal.gif?auto=format%2Ccompress&fmt=webp&w=700&dpr=1.0

Who is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Michigan still has 30% mail in ballots from democratic stronghold to come in (Detroit).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2020/general/michigan

He'll pulled back nearly 20k votes it's starting to tighten up again...

He's not pulling it back - the majority of votes left to count in MI are in Detroit Wayne County. MI is over bar the shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

The electoral collage system is going to come under huge pressure after this election regardless of the result. Polling 4-5 millions votes more than the other guy and not being declared the winner is an affront to democracy

Ah sure, no difference to the abuse of democracy that's blighted this entire election (and the one before..).

Reform is most definitely needed.

You are deluded. There are no real white right wing terrorists. No equivalent right wing version of Antifa or BLM.

People guarding businesses with machine guns during the BLM riots are DEFENSIVE. They would not be out on the streets if it weren't for the radical left wing rioters/looters.

My god! "There are no real white right wing terrorists" - in what planet are you living? I swear people commenting like this are having their minds destroyed through social media.

Never mind McVeigh and the Oklahoma bombings, but the FBI foiled 2, TWO, ZWEI Right wing terror threats in the last two weeks for god sake.

Edit; and hold on, ANTIFA, linked to 0 (Zero) murders in the US in the last how many years. Just because ol Trumpy wants them to be labelled a Terror group, doesn't make it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

New York Times exit poll:

LGBT: Trump 28% vs Biden 61%

Black Men: Trump 18% vs Biden 80%

Latino Men: Trump 36% vs Biden 61%

White Men: Trump 58% vs Biden 40%

White Women: Trump 55% vs Biden 43%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭threeball

At the very least the seats should be split according to winning margin rather than winner takes all. If you're a California republican or a democrat in Arkansas your vote means squat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biden has taken 120k out of the Trump lead in Pennsylvania just now. He's going to catch him there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

km991148 wrote: »
    I wonder how much looting and destruction there actually was..

Funny how those eager to scream fake news, lap it up when the narrative suits them (generalising, not accusing you EM).

interesting.

Anyway.. hopefully that's the first era of Trump in politics over. Maybe things will calm down a bit before Melania tries for the same..

Lol, what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

This would mean that low population states have meaningless elections

America is a federal country which is a union of states so states have their say.

Agree that some sort of balance needs to be drawn. Maybe allow a certain amount of extra electoral college votes for winning the popular vote?

The GOP is done w/o it. And their cries of it making it unfair on the flyover states is ironic given the converse is actually the reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I don't think you mean regardless of the result right? I mean if Biden wins there will be nothing said of it. If Trump win, yeah I'm with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hilary won the popular vote too...not a new thing.

There has been talk of reforming or abolishing it for a long long time back as far as Nixon.
    John oliver did a really excellent show on it, probably easy to grab on youtube.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

titan18 wrote: »
    Apologies if it's been asked already but if someone sends a mail in ballot on Monday, I assume it's not been counted yet or even received on the Tuesday, if that person goes in and votes on the Tuesday in-person, how do they reconcile that one person voted twice and only one vote counts.

I'm assuming it's a tally count they're doing so as the counters are going through they go 1 Biden, 2 Biden etc rather than taking into account who actually voted.

If you voted in person and it has been counted there would be a reference to say "John Smith Voted" so when they get to the mail-in ballot whenever and they are doing the name check it would get discarded at that point.

• Administrators Posts: 53,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

titan18 wrote: »

They verify mail votes before they count them, which includes checking if the voter already voted in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Biden got a 138,339 tranche of votes in Michigan without a single vote for Trump. 138,339 out of 138,339 is literally a statistical improbability. Something is defiantly going on. Not the least bit suspicious at all. This reeks of ballot harvesting .....

Michigan is allegedly waiting for Monroe county (south of Detroit) to report. In 2016 58% voted for Trump.

El-9X8SX0AIao5c?format=jpg&name=small
    jhugy
    "The most extensive and inclusive VOTER FRAUD organization in history." -
    Joe Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

threeball wrote: »
    At the very least the seats should be split according to winning margin rather than winner takes all. If you're a California republican or a democrat in Arkansas your vote means squat.

Clinton was a democrat from Arkansas....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Enquiring wrote: »
    Who is that?

Username checks out.

That's the rabid communist waitress AOC.

She's the Trumpeteer's bete noir.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

namloc1980 wrote:
    Biden has taken 120k out of the Trump lead in Pennsylvania just now. He's going to catch him there too!
    I put it up earlier, I'm predicting Biden wins there by circa 130k.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hey, figure most people here will be fairly unbiased as to American news sources being better or worse than others - which outlet's tracker do ye feel is the most reliable and accurate? I'm finding them to be all over the place this year - for instance, several called Arizona for Biden hours ago, while others are stating that Arizona is very much still in play. Back in 2016 I relied on a blend of Fox and CNN to get essentially the right and left wing slants on early state calls, but both organisations seem to be dumpster fires of confusion time year.

All that being said, who are ye trusting to call states in a way that they're actually called and won't flip later on when more votes are counted? It just seems a lot more unstable than usual this year, possibly because of the in-person vs postal vote divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Repubican's you might bump into on the internet love to hit you with the put-down that the US is a republic, not a democrecy. They are always very smug about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,138 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lol, what.
    Melania lol
    She was born in the usa now was she....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement