Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing and bleedin in hydro disc brakes.. any of you try it?

Options
  • 04-11-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Good morning,

I hope you are all well!
    I am building up a bike.. or trying to!
    I have been trying to install the disc brakes... grx shifters, ultegra flat mount calipers, bh90 hoses etc...
    I am very new to bike maintenance and have found it tricky....

The shifters, hoses, calipers and rotars are installed... so last night I tried a bleed of the hydo oil..
    On one occasion the oil went spraying on the floor & then I found the syringe really tight and hard to push the fluid...

How have you found hydo brake installs?
    Which is the best video or article you have found explaining the process?

Thank u!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Try the Park Tool website for a treasure trove of maintenance videos.

This one in particular.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank u mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

I found the online Shimano GRX manuals very good when building up my bike.

Be careful with the olives. They were stored in the brake fitting of the GRX hoods. You need to fish it out before fitting the hoses.

Bleeding the brakes can be tricky. Again I used the Shimano manual where you fill the fluid at the caliper with the syringe and you have your little bowl thingy screwed in on the hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

I did it for the first time recently and used this video and found it relatively straightforward. I thought the tip to make your own bottle was very useful. I used an old prescription bottle.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQKx4S_eoI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank you gents.. i tried again tonight and found a video that explained using gravity to bleed the brakes.. which hopefully works....

https://youtu.be/o-YvMRJunwo

• Advertisement
Advertisement