Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned but other user not banned. One rule for all or don’t bother modding!

Options
  • 04-11-2020 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Yeah this ban is harsh to say the least.

The user I was pulling up was calling trump fans hard men.

That’s not trolling?!

I need to be reinstated immediately or the other user to be banned also.

It’s not one rule for one and another of someone else.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You are not entitled to enquire as to mod actions against another user on this website.

Are you looking to appeal the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You are not entitled to enquire as to mod actions against another user on this website.

Are you looking to appeal the ban?

Yes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I note a gap of about 6 minutes between your ban and you starting a thread here

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process

Beasty wrote: »
    I note a gap of about 6 minutes between your ban and you starting a thread here

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process

PM’d him there, will wait on response.

PM’d him there, will wait on response.

Has held firm on his ban. I’ll see it out. Couldn’t be bothered fighting it but maybe his modding needs to be checked as it should be one rule for all.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Has held firm on his ban. I’ll see it out. Couldn’t be bothered fighting it but maybe his modding needs to be checked as it should be one rule for all.
    Thanks
    As you have already been told this thread deals with your ban. Other comments or complaints about moderation can be taken to help Desk, but not before this dispute is resolved

We'll let the Politics CMods know about this appeal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi murphyebass, I'm looking into this so can you forward the PMs between you and the moderator either here or in a PM to me please.

Hi murphyebass, I'm looking into this so can you forward the PMs between you and the moderator either here or in a PM to me please.

Hello murphyebass,
    You were banned for a series of comments intended to wind up other users, such as:

"You starting to sweat there yet hard man?"

"Or maybe you’ll be the hard man not around these parts eh?"

"Will be interesting to see if you and the other Biden fanboys post again when Trump wins."

When your ban is up, please be more polite in your engagement with other users.

Regards

Chips.

Quote: murphyebass
    I was told to come here first before appealing it further.

Your ban was unfair. You gave me ban but didn’t ban the user I was responding to.

One rule for all or don’t bother.

I want this overturned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thank you.

On what basis are you disputing your ban?

Thank you.

On what basis are you disputing your ban?

I’ve given you the information you need along with where I’ve posted and the mod that banned me.

If you can’t figure it out from that I think we’ll need to leave it here tbh.

• Advertisement

If you can’t figure it out from that I think we’ll need to leave it here tbh.
    OK, marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement