Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to advertise a rental

Options
  • 04-11-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

What would be the best way to advertise a rental House?

What price does daft.ie charge to place an ad for a rental? I cannot see It on their site only for selling.

Thanks!
    dublin7runner

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

www.daft.ie

I paid €36.40 in 2015 when i last advertised my property.

/End Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Step 1: List house for rent in the vicinity of Dublin on Daft.

Step 2: Get yourself a new phone number and/or email address because your phone will never stop ringing 24x7 again and your Gmail inbox will reach its 15GB capacity overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Daft. The fee is tax deductible and not huge from what I recall. Just start setting up the ad and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Daft is €59 IIRC for the basic ad. I placed one a few weeks ago.

And as Denny said, get a throw away email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

1) Dont put number of house just put the street it is on (for the advent only);
    2) Set yourself up with an email for the rental;
    3) Set out in your advert what paperwork you require-look at some sample adverts-This is important as you want to use their email response to 'weed out" those that may not be suitable
    4)Don't give your number out until you have really narrowed it down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

No phone number.
    Use an e mail and get as much info as possible from prospective tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

t's best to be very careful with what you ask for in the ad, so as not to be discriminatory. Even asking for work references could be an issue.

The last ad I placed on daft was brief, just a property description, but because I mentioned "mature" estate, Daft flashed up a warning about discriminatory language (age).

I use a standard email response to request such details as household income etc to which the prospective tenant has the option to answer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublin7runner

Hi Guys!

Thank you all for the responses!

Some very good pointers there too, much appriciated.

I hope its not so difficult to find someone in these tough times we are all in.

dublin7runner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Hi Guys!

Thank you all for the responses!

Some very good pointers there too, much appriciated.

I hope its not so difficult to find someone in these tough times we are all in.

dublin7runner

There are people looking for accommodation and provided your asking price is competitive, and the standard of your offering is acceptable, you will find someone.

There are people looking for accommodation and provided your asking price is competitive, and the standard of your offering is acceptable, you will find someone.

Thanks Claw Hammer, yes I want it to be a fair price and its in very good condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Hi Guys,

What would be the best way to advertise a rental House?

What price does daft.ie charge to place an ad for a rental? I cannot see It on their site only for selling.

Thanks!
    dublin7runner

Talked to an agent the other day pool of propective tenants is very limited most who are looking to move are ones who wouldnt have got a viewing before 2 line refs probably made up and questionable ability to pay in the long term.
    better wait six months prices drops irrelevant its risk of being stuck with some one who cant pay

I posted this on another tread dont waste ur money advertising

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Talked to an agent the other day pool of propective tenants is very limited most who are looking to move are ones who wouldnt have got a viewing before 2 line refs probably made up and questionable ability to pay in the long term.
    better wait six months prices drops irrelevant its risk of being stuck with some one who cant pay

I posted this on another tread dont waste ur money advertising

Thanks, yes that did cross my mind too but I kind of have to have It rented out for cash flow reasons but I can understand your point fully in these times also.

Its a risk.

Advertisement