Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from politics

Options
  • 04-11-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭

I have been banned for three months from the politics forum.I believe I have been unfairly treated.
    I have contacted the mod about this but he is unwilling to reconsider.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi RobMc59, I'll look into this.

Can you forward your communication with the moderator either in this thread or to me in a PM please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Hi RobMc59, I'll look into this.

Can you forward your communication with the moderator either in this thread or to me in a PM please?

Hello,I`ll try to forward the communication in chronological order via PM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks, I've received them and have looked at them. They match with what I've received from the moderator.

On what basis are you disputing the ban?

On the basis my post isn't an attempt at trolling,it is stating a fact/asking question.

I've seen the post in question, and also the prior warning. I'm concerned that this hasn't come out of the blue, this is not your first ban and "just asking a question" isn't always just that.

Do you think you've amended your posting style since being warned, or since your last ban? Politics is a very busy forum and the charter is clear:
    Moderators may warn individuals of unacceptable behaviour, but not on a repetitive basis and if the situation warrants, users may be banned without warning. Repeated infractions will result in bans.

• Advertisement

I've seen the post in question, and also the prior warning. I'm concerned that this hasn't come out of the blue, this is not your first ban and "just asking a question" isn't always just that.

Do you think you've amended your posting style since being warned, or since your last ban? Politics is a very busy forum and the charter is clear:

Since my last ban I am very careful about my posting style and I`m aware of the high standards required in the forum charter.However,I maintain the disputed post was not an attempt to troll.I did`nt criticise or insult anyone and there was no attempt to cause offence or distress.Katya Adler is an award winning,highly regarded Anglo German journalist and am mystified as to why asking if Tony Connelly is the RTE equivalent would be viewed as offensive

What did you think the post in question would contribute to the thread?

Since you're being more careful and are aware that a certain standard is expected of posters in the forum you must realise that the question, in context, could be construed as offensive to some posters.

What did you think the post in question would contribute to the thread?

Since you're being more careful and are aware that a certain standard is expected of posters in the forum you must realise that the question, in context, could be construed as offensive to some posters.

It`s not always possible to anticipate that an innocuous comment will be offensive to some posters.I am mindful that sometimes a British view point can be offensive to some,however I enjoy the brexit thread, intended no insult and would`nt knowingly risk a ban.

The moderator has agreed to a reduction of your ban to one month, with the proviso that this is your very last chance in the politics forum. I think this is very fair and hope that you will be more mindful of how you post.

Are you agreeable to this?

The moderator has agreed to a reduction of your ban to one month, with the proviso that this is your very last chance in the politics forum. I think this is very fair and hope that you will be more mindful of how you post.

Are you agreeable to this?

Yes,I agree and thanks.

• Advertisement

You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement