Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Wexford to Dublin - are there Garda checkpoints at the mo?

Options
  • 04-11-2020 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Need to drive to Dublin (adhering to Level 5 lockdown), should I expect early morning Garda checkpoints? Only asking to try and estimate how long it will take me to get there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Normally not, the only check point I've encountered in the last few weeks is the one on the m11 southbound at bray North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I've driven from Dublin to oilgate a few times the last 2 weeks and haven't come across any police checks. If I did I am not going to argue and turn around but so far all been fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks guys. There was none on the way up this morning and on way back down tonight the one near Bray was unmanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I think early on in the lockdown there were a good number of checkpoints but now after a few weeks it has quietened down. I have travelled from Dublin to Wexford a few times these last few weeks and no bother at all...The other great thing the beaches are empty at weekends so nice to get down there...

Advertisement