Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Secondary School Dunshauglin

Options
  • 04-11-2020 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i see a new school in the process of being patronised. I see also there is a sizeable amount of people looking for a Ceist school, I was delighted to hear this as I have a daughter in primary, and would like her to go to a good academic Ceist school but options are so limited. St Peters Dunboyne is very hard to get into and only taking children from the parish. The options for girls are limited enough if you want an all girls school, its either Trim, Navan or into Dublin or private schools boarding like Mt Anville/Sackville ? in Lucan)?

Has any body else found a dearth of all girls schools options for Ratoath, Ashbourne, Dunshauglin, Dunboyne area? I feel it would be a brilliant addition to south Meath. There is surely enough Community type schools in the area, great chance at going for a high achieving , Catholic ethos school. It seems to be the model that consistently turns out very good students. I have experience of these type of schools and really cant fault them, would love one near me for my daughter. Extended family with neices also very interested in this type of school. Nigh impossible to get into the girls schools in Trim and Navan when your outside catchment.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I never heard of them until this week to be honest but they seem very good.
    I have 2 kids going to secondary in a a few years but as we are not religious I would prefer them to go to a Multi-Denominational type school so will most likely vote for LMETB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

I work in a single sex school and would like my daughter to go to an all girls school and son if i had one to a mixed school, but one that is 50:50 boys to girls not 80:20 boys to girls. I think there would be huge demand in the dunshauglin area for an all girls Catholic school. What are others views? CEIST have super record of schools and academic achievement in Meath, they run Scoil Mhuire Trim, Eureka Kells and St Josephs Navan, look at those on school league tables.
    Plenty of community type schools in the area, Dunshauglin, Ashbourne x2, Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I see LMETB got the patronage for the new secondary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

thats a pity, opportunity missed i feel. how different is that going to be to the one thats already there? i thought there would be a big demand on a CEIST academic more so than vocational type school.

Advertisement