Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bought a car and the previous owner hasn’t sent the VRC

Options
  • 05-11-2020 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got a car 3 weeks ago from a private seller on FB and I haven’t been able ro use it because the ownership is still under the previous owner’s name.

I paid to the seller by cash when I went to see the car, signed the VRC and then waited for it to arrive at my place. This is my first car, so, I didn’t know how long it would take.

After 2 weeks, I texted the seller and she said she “forgot” to send it and she sent it last Friday. When I check in the motortax website, it shows that the hasn’t been a change of ownership in the past 3 months.

To this point I don’t know what to do? I need some advise in case she is still “forgetting” it.
    Anyone can tell me how long does it take for the VRC to arrive? Is there a way of being able to use the car?
    What should I do? Did I get scammed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

AFAIK you don't get it initially. It should be sent to Shannon first to record change of ownership.
    Possibly she hasn't got round to it.

Advertisement