Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2020 U.S. Election Irregularities.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I just read the article as well, it's a damning piece detailing the efforts required to hold a free and fair election, against an incumbent hell-bent on sabotaging that and undermining democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Leaving reading comprehension aside, if those who say the article shows there was systemic interference in the election, it begs the question why all the court cases weren't able to progress. Is that part of the conspiracy? Is everyone including Trump appointees against Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

That article is an account of literally a conspiracy..

Sorry but you too need to read the article properly and understand it.
    This is a perfect example of how misunderstanding, and misinformation, starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Schools also teach how to read. That's all you need to do. The article leaves no space for personal interpretation.

And yet you managed it by highlighting this :pac:
     “Every attempt to interfere with the proper outcome of the election was defeated,” 

You do realise they are talking about Trumps efforts to interfere with the election right? :confused:

another one who comments on quotes and refuses to read the entire article.
    it's been talked about everywhere, you might want to take a look

Yup, it's been talked about here for the last couple of days, its been explained why this article is a good thing and what it means. You say you have read it? If you have then you have totally misinterpreted what the article says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Leaving aside your misinterpreting of the article, could you point out which things in the article you believe are illegal interference in the election? Could you point out the parts you think are immoral but legal?

Also, are you of the opinion that Trump and co made no effort to disenfranchise voters or otherwise interfere with the election themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Time has officially confirmed that the election was rigged

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

Whats this now, the 3rd time this has been posted in the thread? All by people that didnt actually read it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whats this now, the 3rd time this has been posted in the thread. All by people that didnt actually read it

they have been very insistent that they have read it and I see no reason to not take them at their word. Clearly, however, they have not understood it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,966 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

they have been very insistent that they have read it and I see no reason to not take them at their word. Clearly, however, they have not understood it.

I suspect they saw the words "cabal", "conspiracy", "democrat" and decided on their own interpretation of that instead of understanding the actual context.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I suspect they saw the words "cabal", "conspiracy", "democrat" and decided on their own interpretation of that instead of understanding the actual context.
    Nah, I think it's more the article was posted by some conspiracy monger on YouTube who probably only told them the title and that one line with "conspiracy" in it.
    Then they just accepted what they were told and never actually read the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I read it and reread it. You just don’t understand the words in the article you linked. Just like you don’t comprehend the replies you have received. You can’t even see the contradiction in what you have quoted from the article itself and what you think it’s saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,371 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Whats this now, the 3rd time this has been posted in the thread? All by people that didnt actually read it
    Don't mind them.
    The real truth is that Donald Trump works for Russia and has been so successful, in their opinion, that they've pumped billions into his campaigns with the target of creating civil war in the USA.
    They have focused their efforts on dumb people, racists and homophobes. Then accuse anybody from another party of being a communist if they favour healthcare reform, which is funny coming from Russia, or a traitor because they favour immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Time has officially confirmed that the election was rigged

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

It doesn't say that anywhere in the article. In fact, it states the complete opposite.

Phrases like "democracy won in the end" and such.

The Nal wrote: »
    It doesn't say that anywhere in the article. In fact, it states the complete opposite.

Phrases like "democracy won in the end" and such.

Yeah, but in their minds democracy only won if Trump lost..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

do you think the times article supports the conspiracy theory that the election was stolen from trump?

Ok. You believe that this article is exposing a conspiracy.

What in the article do you believe is illegal, immoral or otherwise classed as "election fraud"?

You've been asked this question a few times now, and you've ignored it.
    I think this is because you can't actually point out any of these things as you've not actually read the article and there's nothing like those in the article.

What laws were broken? Reading over the article, there was a concerted effort to get social media platforms to enforce their own rules and to get people out to vote. Also they had to actively combat disinformation on voting fraud before the election even kicked off. There were no dirty tricks described etc besides that of the Trump campaign. So did you actually read the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

eagle eye wrote: »
    Don't mind them.
    The real truth is that Donald Trump works for Russia and has been so successful, in their opinion, that they've pumped billions into his campaigns with the target of creating civil war in the USA.
    They have focused their efforts on dumb people, racists and homophobes. Then accuse anybody from another party of being a communist if they favour healthcare reform, which is funny coming from Russia, or a traitor because they favour immigration.

The Russian gate has been debunked and we all know Hillary was behind it.
    I cant believe there are still people who believe it was true

No, it wasn't debunked at all....
    https://time.com/5610317/mueller-report-myths-breakdown/

Also you've previously claimed that there was proof in the time article that you linked to that proved the election was rigged. Care to point out where laws were broken or even the electoral process being undermined?

Have you abbandoned your claims about the article you misrepresented?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

You mean the Russian gate thing that resulted in indictments and prison sentences for members of Trump’s inner circle?

Didn’t many of those indicted plead guilty? Why would someone plead guilty if it’s already been debunked?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    You mean the Russian gate thing that resulted in indictments and prison sentences for members of Trump’s inner circle?

Didn’t many of those indicted plead guilty? Why would someone plead guilty if it’s already been debunked?

so you still believe that Russiangate isn't true
    LOL

so you still believe that Russiangate is true
    LOL
    So that's a yes on abandoning your previous claims because you can't defend them.
    Why did you make these false claims? Why did you abandon them?
    Why do you think that you're in a position to mock other people's positions given you behavior?

King Mob wrote: »
    So that's a yes on abandoning your previous claims because you can't defend them.
    Why did you make these false claims? Why did you abandon them?
    Why do you think that you're in a position to mock other people's positions given you behavior?

you think that pleading guilty is the same as being actually guilty?
    if so, i have nothing else to add

You're still dodging the fact you lied and now you're running away from your lies by making more silly dishonest arguments.
    You are being very dishonest.

Why are you being dishonest and how does this help your position?

King Mob wrote: »
    You're still dodging the fact you lied and now you're running away from your lies by making more silly dishonest arguments.
    You are being very dishonest.

Why are you being dishonest and how does this help your position?

Grow up
    Insulting people will give you the opposite to what you demand

Would you plead guilty to a crime you didn't commit?

Grow up
    Insulting people will give you the opposite to what you demand
    I'm not insulting you. I'm stating a fact. I'm sorry if this upsets you.

You made false claims. When these claims were challenged, you ignored the points, refused to defend them and ran away. You are now trying to pretend this isn't what happen.
    You are also now trying to mock other people's position as if you are on a high horse.

What is this if not dishonest?

You are now disingenously trying to act stroppy and offended so you don't have to address this dishonesty. This is also dishonest.

You know it's dishonest.

So level with us. Why are you acting dishonestly to defend a position that is false?

Would you plead guilty to a crime you didn't commit?

it happens all the time, it's the American justice system.
    When people have exhausted their financial or psychological resources they may negotiate to plea guilty in exchange for a minor sentenced instead of going through endless trials. You need to consider how powerful the people you are going against are

Plenty of examples, you can look them up

• Advertisement

it happens all the time, it's the American justice system.
    When people have exhausted their financial or psychological resources they may negotiate to plea guilty in exchange for a minor sentenced instead of going through endless trials. You need to consider how powerful the people you are going against are

Plenty of examples, you can look them up
    Is this what you are claiming happened to the people who pleaded guilty in connection to the Muller report?
    If so, evidence please.

Your previous claims about a conspiracy to rig the election were false to the point that you abandoned them.
    It's pretty likely that the same thing is happening here.
    You current position is probably likewise untrue and when you're challenged on it, you'll run away and engage in more dishonesty.

Simply ignoring you previous dishonesty doesn't make it go away I'm afraid.

Advertisement