Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España 2020 | Stage 15 | Mos - Puebla de Sanabria (230.8 km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

You can't help but feel happy for Philipsen when you see how emotional he is at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ackermann was all over the shop there! Barging when the sprint was already on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Bambaata wrote: »

Yeah very messy from him. I'm glad he didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Bambaata wrote: »

Yeah he was very messy, swung right across DQS rider (Steimle I think they said)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

According to the Vuelta website, Hugh Carthy lost 1m 32s today

EDIT: they've changed it already. Same time for the top 4 on GC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

Dodge wrote: »
    According to the Vuelta website, Hugh Carthy lost 1m 32s today

And Carapaz!!!

Edit: Updated now. No gaps for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Pro cycling had the same but they've changed too. Top 84 giving the same time now

Was there a crash or something within the final 3km? There were sizeable gaps in the peloton coming to the finish.

Panrich wrote: »
    Was there a crash or something within the final 3km? There were sizeable gaps in the peloton coming to the finish.

Posted this on page 2.
    We're hearing from our man in Spain Alasdair Fotheringham that a big oil slick in the last kilometres means times for the stage are going to taken with 3kms to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Panrich wrote: »

Time for GC taken with 3km to go due to oil spillage. No need to keep up after that.

• Advertisement

Posted this on page 2.

That explains that so. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bora turned over again, makes me happy each time that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Eurosport hadn’t a clue who had won it . Kelly and Carlton funny

Only catching the last 30km now. Ackermann shouldering Philipsen as he was coming by when the sprint was on???? Clear as day in the overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

I'd say Sam is running on fumes.

Still wrecked from the Tour, I would normally expect him to climb as well as Ackermann if he was feeling decent.

Probably sat up yesterday when it got too hard, and is keeping it all for Madrid. Must have been feeling ok ish as Morkov went on for the gallop, and Bagioli stayed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Ackermann should surely have been relegated for that?

:pac:

Chris Froome on minus UCI ranking points after missing sign-on at Vuelta a España
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-on-minus-uci-ranking-points-after-missing-sign-on-at-vuelta-a-espana/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

:pac:

Chris Froome on minus UCI ranking points after missing sign-on at Vuelta a España
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-froome-on-minus-uci-ranking-points-after-missing-sign-on-at-vuelta-a-espana/

Saw that news this morning. 2 of his team mates were fined for missing it as well, including Carapaz. Was very surprised by it. Is this a common occurrence? They do this before every race, so it's hard to imagine that they forgot it. Just a matter of being late and rushing for the starting line I suppose. More marginal gains maybe?

Advertisement