Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps Address Correction Required

Options
  • 05-11-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I hope I'm in the right section for this ...........
    In GoogleMaps,when you do a search for one particular address, it incorrectly guides the requester to my address.
    I'm constantly getting delivery vans, take-aways etc calling to my house when in fact its for a different house in an adjacent estate.
    I have used Googlemaps Feedback / Add a Missing Place etc on the GoogleMaps Menu on 4 different occasions but they don't approve or act on my request.
    Eircode search works fine .... I tell callers to use eircode instead but they dont seem to do this.
    I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of an email address or contact in Google who could help sort this out for me ?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's no contact for Google. You will have a better chance of getting a change accepted if you get some contributor points, write reviews for local businesses etc to get that - its a rather silly system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ghostrider7

Had this problem myself with Google. Purchased a house but in Google Maps it listed the house as a business and wanted this removed. I tried the Suggest an Edit feature a few times but nothing happened. Months later while watching tv, I used the Suggest an Edit feature again,maybe over 100 times over the course of the night, just kept clicking on it, and within a week it was changed. I think they got the message!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes suggest an edit works for me also when i had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I've had most of my edits approved also. Best thing is to get a few people you know to all submit it and then it'll probably get sorted.

Advertisement