Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help pricing my PC for sale

Options
  • 05-11-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I'm planning on selling my PC after Christmas and building a new system around the RTX 3080. What would be a fair market price for the following system?

Mobo: MSI Z170A gaming
    Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30ghz
    Ram: 16gb of G Skill Ripjaws Intl F4-2400C15-4GRR 4GB (4 sticks)
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1, 80+ GOLD 750W, Fully Modular
    GPU: GTX 970 Asus Strix SLI
    SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo

2 mismatched HD montiors (Samsung and an Ilyama)
    Keyboard and Mouse
    Speakers
    Standard Midi tower case with multiple fans

Kind Regards,
    Xios

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You should probably hold on to that PSU & sell 1 of the GPUs separately.

So stick a 450-500W-ish Bronze PSU in & sell it for €300-350, and €80-100 for the other GTX 970.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

While KO's advice is sound, the other side of the coin is you've a really good platform in the PSU and presumably a decent case to upgrade and the SLI config for the uninitiated might be a bit of a selling point. I think lash the whole lot up for €450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

Xios wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this is not the correct forum. I'm planning on selling my PC after Christmas and building a new system around the RTX 3080. What would be a fair market price for the following system?

Mobo: MSI Z170A gaming
    Processor: Intel i5-6600 @ 3.30ghz
    Ram: 16gb of G Skill Ripjaws Intl F4-2400C15-4GRR 4GB (4 sticks)
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1, 80+ GOLD 750W, Fully Modular
    SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo

2 mismatched HD montiors (Samsung and an Ilyama)
    Keyboard and Mouse
    Speakers
    Standard Midi tower case with multiple fans

Kind Regards,
    Xios

How about keeping it a while longer? I get a new pc every 5 years but never with the new cutting edge components. runs everything i throw at it comfortably, and i don't pay the early adopter tax(or act as an effective unpaid beta-tester)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

You could get €350-400 for the PC with 1 GTX970. Sell another 970 for €90 or €100.

Sell each monitor separately for whatever they get, obviously impossible to say without model numbers.

But I know that can be a massive pain. Take some good photos, big it up, dual graphics card, dual monitor setup. Throw it up for €650 and see what sticks.

I would say you should be able to sell it as a full lot in one hassle-free go without too much difficulty and for a reasonable enough price.

Adverts, you have to put it up for a bit higher than you expect. It's the sort of place you put up something for €5 and the first comment is "offer €3 inc postage".

Advertisement