Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France bans the Grey Wolves

Options
  • 05-11-2020 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

In their struggle against extremists France have banned the Turkish organisation Grey Wolves.

This happens after a defacement of an Armenian genocide memorial, and of course this will escalate tensions between the two nations that already are at odds over the Islamist comments over the last days.

In Turkey, the Grey Wolves are closely linked to the Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) of Devlet Bahceli that had a political alliance with Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP).

Turkey is already on bad terms with Greece and this is pushing them even further from EU citizenship.

https://www.dw.com/en/france-bans-turkish-ultra-nationalist-grey-wolves-group/a-55503469

_115185353_gettyimages-1229394054.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

RTE getting in on the action i see

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That is the single reason I included a pic in my post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

biko wrote: »
    That is the single reason I included a pic in my post :D
    Funny, the one time were a real life picture actually looks (Badly) photoshopped!

RTE getting in on the action i see

Somewhere in Montrose Anne Doyle is washing yellow paint off her hands....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

How are they not banned everywhere already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

German Neo NAzis banned
    Turkish islamo nazis-benefit of the doubt

biko wrote: »
    Turkey is already on bad terms with Greece and this is pushing them even further from EU citizenship.

Good. Turkey should never have been a candidate for entry. They're not even remotely European, in culture nor values.

The EU needs to stick to European countries. God knows, they have enough problems with them, without inviting the cluster**** that is Turkey. Free movement of Turkish (and whoever they decide to give citizenship to) would be a mess.

In any case, Turkey needs to be put back in their corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

the whole idea is so alien to me.

these grey wolves are just such a 'what' moment to me.

the same sort of curveball as if I found out from a debt collector that my GP was renting out my shed as storage and didn't keep on top of the bills.

what? what do you mean theres an organised group of marauding thugs sponsored by Turkeys president running around france beating up armenians.

anyone whos ever woken up after an accident/in hospital/after anesthetic will understand the kind of 'what' this is.

what a mad context. i didn't think kind of thing was even an option.

i would have the gendarmerie crack every skull without exception. go to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

85603 wrote: »

the same sort of curveball as if I found out from a debt collector that my GP was renting out my shed as storage and didn't keep on top of the bills.

what? what do you mean theres an organised group of marauding thugs sponsored by Turkeys president running around france beating up armenians.

anyone whos ever woken up after an accident/in hospital/after anesthetic will understand the kind of 'what' this is.

speaking-in-riddles-you-do-guessing-i-must.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Turkey's application process started in the nineties. Given that they've moved away from being a secular state and towards an Islamic dictatorship, any talk of their membership seems pointless. It'll be decades before that's a serious possibility again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Turkey's application process started in the nineties. Given that they've moved away from being a secular state and towards an Islamic dictatorship, any talk of their membership seems pointless. It'll be decades before that's a serious possibility again.

France won't let them in for the foreseeable future. I don't see that changing anytime soon what with the incidents that unfortunately happen over there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Wasnt the chap who shot Pope John Paul II linked to them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There's much more to them than just that though, they go a good bit back as an organisation, as far as the 70s which were quite a different time, right wing death squads, Armenian terrorists in Europe, Gladio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Good. Turkey should never have been a candidate for entry. They're not even remotely European, in culture nor values.

The EU needs to stick to European countries. God knows, they have enough problems with them, without inviting the cluster**** that is Turkey. Free movement of Turkish (and whoever they decide to give citizenship to) would be a mess.

In any case, Turkey needs to be put back in their corner.

I doubt this is just about the Armenians being attacked. France and Turkey are backing different sides in Libya.
    Before any moral superiority comes in France are backing the rebel Khalifa Haftar against the internationally recognised government which is backed by other NATO members as well as Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Colorado just voted in the reintroduction of wolves, so swings and roundabouts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

France won't let them in for the foreseeable future. I don't see that changing anytime soon what with the incidents that unfortunately happen over there

It won't even come to that. They fail across the board and this was before Erdogan's power grab. I'd have supported Turkey's accession maybe a decade ago but now I'm firmly opposed. The EU has enough problems with cohesion and stability as it is. It does not need to import more.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

There's much more to them than just that though, they go a good bit back as an organisation, as far as the 70s which were quite a different time, right wing death squads, Armenian terrorists in Europe, Gladio

Just the idea of a foreign country having an overt violent political group within your country's borders though.

Like an embassy is normal. Country B has a little patch in country A.
    All very reasonable.

A bunch of overt puppet thugs though. Thats something else.

I can't believe the balls on them to have that.

I can understand intelligence operatives, you'd have a few fixers in foreign lands, hidden in plain sight, all very hush hush and subtle. Its kept quiet because you're kind of pushing your luck a bit.

But this grey wolf shyte is just like, 'oh yeah, we've a bunch of pet chimps in your country who we use to beat people up'.

I would think the response there would be severely punitive.

What happens when a French/Eu citizen gets caught in the head by a poorly aimed brick thrown by one of these remote control scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought this was an Eamon Ryan style rewilding thing gone awry.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Wasnt the chap who shot Pope John Paul II linked to them?

Was it " Black September " he belonged to.

I doubt this is just about the Armenians being attacked. France and Turkey are backing different sides in Libya.
    Before any moral superiority comes in France are backing the rebel Khalifa Haftar against the internationally recognised government which is backed by other NATO members as well as Turkey.

Ahh international politics concerns... I honestly couldn't care less. As I've gotten older, I've become far less interested in foreign (adventures beyond Europe) concerns.

Nah. I'm opposed because Turkey is the gateway for the M.East into Europe. Allowing Turkey in, means a porous border with the whole Arab world, and little means to control their movements, or "cultural" interests. It also means giving legitimacy to whatever laws that Turkey uses to control it's own people.

Turkey has too many links to terrorist, or extremist groups throughout the M.East. Nah. Turkey is running fast to embrace the elements of Islam which brought down each great Islamic civilisation, and I don't want Europe connected to them.

In any case. EU. European Union. European. Turkey has never been part of Europe. That's enough for me. Makes more sense to bring Russia into the EU than Turkey. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

no that was Munich?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭beachhead

What? Politician practising here.$$$ for each word

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Talk about dodging a bullet. I was already against it given that we would end up having a large border with the most dangerous region on earth but after erdogan got into his groove there should be no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

France bans the Grey Wolves
    The Green Party, and especially Eamon Ryan, will be very upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭donaghs

?

just google the Pope shooter for fecks sake. He was in the grey wolves. Wasnt his first shooting. Mehmet_Ali_Ağca

Advertisement