Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in ennis

Options
  • 05-11-2020 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Where is the better areas in ennis and the surrounding areas to buy a house.
    Me and my wife want to move to clare and ennis seems a good base.
    What are the better areas to be. Is there much anti social behavior in ennis? What are the nice things and places to visit,like for music and food. Is there some groups or for people with kids?
    Also when buying a house in ennis or around is there area prone to flooding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Any of the estates on the Tulla Road are grand, the ones on the Gort road seem grand too. There's a couple of places I'd stay away from (won't name them here), but a click around Google Street view would alert you to them. I'm sure there's localised anti-social behaviour in some places, but in general there's very little in the town. I come from the northside of Dublin, so maybe my baseline is different to others, but I find the town very quiet and safe.

The town center and some lowling areas used to be prone to flooding, but there was a major flood relief scheme done a few years ago which has sorted most of that out. I'm not aware of any specific residential areas that flooded, but take a look at a map and look at places back from the river if you're concerned. There's plenty of houses on high ground. My estate is at a 20m elevation, so no fear of flooding here even if the worst of global warming comes to pass.

Advertisement