Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any plans to discontinue the nightsaver electricity rates?

• 05-11-2020 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35

Hi there, I recently read an article on a UK website where they mentioned that their Economy 7 rate (their version of the nightsaver) could be discontinued once the UK's last coal burning power station stopped.

I'm looking at changing my apartment heating over to new storage heaters but I don't want to do this if the Nightsaver rate is going to be discontinued anytime soon.

Given how quickly Ireland is moving to renewable it makes sense to me that this could happen so
    are there currently any plans to discontinue the Nightsaver rate in the near future.. say in the next 5 years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi WhiteNoSugar,

We have not been made aware of such a plan, if you check with ESB Networks on 1800 372 757.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement