Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to upgrade my Apple Watch?

Options
  • 05-11-2020 6:09pm

I have a series 3 ansi only use it to track my steps and use apply pay and that’s it, am I wasting my money by upgrading to a SE or series 6

Looking at trade in value on CEX my series 3 is worth €140 and then more the strap and magnet charger.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Is there anything about the series 3 that you're not happy about? Is there anything about the newer watches that you're yearning for? Step tracking and ApplePay work the same on both.

Your Series 3 supports the latest OS (watchOS 7), so it'll continue to get updates for the coming year at least. Who knows if it'll support watchOS 8 - it very well might, since Apple are still selling it - but there'll be new watches out then anyway.

It's really a personal decision. You don't need to do anything.

Here's the comparison between the 6, the SE and the 3

https://www.apple.com/ie/watch/compare/

You'll see that the main difference between the 6/SE and the 3 is the screen size. Other than that it's minor things like noise monitoring, compass, a better altimeter that the SE has over the 3. Hardly seems worth the hassle to upgrade. The difference between the 3 and the 6 is a little more substantial, but still - if you don't actually want any of the newer features, what's the point?

Is there anything about the series 3 that you're not happy about? Is there anything about the newer watches that you're yearning for? Step tracking and ApplePay work the same on both.

Your Series 3 supports the latest OS (watchOS 7), so it'll continue to get updates for the coming year at least. Who knows if it'll support watchOS 8 - it very well might, since Apple are still selling it - but there'll be new watches out then anyway.

It's really a personal decision. You don't need to do anything.

Here's the comparison between the 6, the SE and the 3

https://www.apple.com/ie/watch/compare/

You'll see that the main difference between the 6/SE and the 3 is the screen size. Other than that it's minor things like noise monitoring, compass, a better altimeter that the SE has over the 3. Hardly seems worth the hassle to upgrade. The difference between the 3 and the 6 is a little more substantial, but still - if you don't actually want any of the newer features, what's the point?

Yeah very true thank you for your answer

Advertisement