Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL Delivery times?

Options
  • 05-11-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭

Ordered something from Germany that was sent by DHL - picked up by them last Friday
    Saturday morning it arrived in Cologne and hasn't left there since - come tomorrow they will have had the package a week and done nothing with it.

Is this normal, are they having big delays?

Most stuff I get that comes via DHL arrives pretty quick in Ireland - 3-5 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Was it DHL as in DHL Express or DHL as in Deutsche Post? Deutsche Post means it will be delivered by An Post who seem to have bad delays at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It will be delivered by An Post whenever it arrives in Ireland

fritzelly wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. Have a few parcels from DHL but with An Post delivering them and still not showing up on AP tracking after more than a week arriving in Koln.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

My last package from Germany (this week) arrived 4 days after leaving Germany. The one before (two weeks ago, similar size) arrived 10 days after leaving Germany.

My parcels before that in August took about 7 days or so.

Guess its just a waiting game then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have to get a truck from Germany to Dublin. There are far less coming in now then there were before, so it could be sitting in the depot for a while. Transit time is normally 2 days. Then add in the delays at An Post......

Just remembered I ordered something coming from Limerick that was posted last Friday - still no sign of that either lol

Heading into day 12 and still no movement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Heading into day 12 and still no movement

Posts from elsewhere suggest An Post have cleared the backlog and should be back on top of things tomorrow. That might get your one moving. I would get on to the shipper and ask them to check with DHL what is going on.

Not sure if it's even left Germany yet - guess the next update will be when An Post scan it so I assume it could already be here

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's even left Germany yet - guess the next update will be when An Post scan it so I assume it could already be here

It doesn’t update after Cologne. Next one is the An Post tracking. Lately it has arrived at the house before it is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Parcel from DHL has been in Koln since 4th November. Delivery by An Post. No sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I’m the same! Have something from Germany (it’s Thomann lads isn’t it haha) and have been waiting two weeks now! And normally it’s never more than 5-7 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 reddev75

I’m the same! Have something from Germany (it’s Thomann lads isn’t it haha) and have been waiting two weeks now! And normally it’s never more than 5-7 days!

Any luck on it arriving mate?

reddev75 wrote: »
    Any luck on it arriving mate?

Yeah arrived yesterday, 15 days after the order was placed which is very unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 reddev75

Yeah arrived yesterday, 15 days after the order was placed which is very unusual!
    Nice 1!,until the next order eh!😣

reddev75 wrote: »
    Nice 1!,until the next order eh!��

There's actually already another item on the way haha, but its not needed anytime soon and it can take as long as it likes.

Advertisement