Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the fastest speed you've ever reached?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 FamousDave

yeah, but i've flagged that on strava so i expect the record to be revoked.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Did a little over 78kph in the Pyrenees a few years ago. That wasn't as scary as doing 72 heading into Laragh from the Wicklow Gap. These days I try to keep it under 65.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

79.9 on the same stretch (Lurgybrack). I was spinning out on a 50/11 and could have done with a standard. It's a great stretch for speed - good surface, wide, straight, good visability, minimum entrances/exits etc. I'd love to have another go at it.

I managed 79.9 two times down a hill in the town where I grew up, on a mtb with skinny slicks when I was young and stupid. cateye used to measure max speed, so I could just pedal like bejaysus.

Strava said I did 84 going down into the Naul past teh school but I think thats a spurious gps issue

Advertisement