Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission

Options
  • 05-11-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

hey guys, looking for a guesstimate of putting in for planning permission for a side extension and a dormer roof for a 2 story attic conversion.

Side extension is grand, just want to get a rough price to include the 2 I know the building cost but not the full planning cost?

Would the plans have to be from an architect (could I use someone studying in college) ?

I am a qualified carpenter so know what to do, just the planning side is leaving me down

Appreciate the help guys 👷*♂️ðŸ˜

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gabes2016 wrote: »
    hey guys, looking for a guesstimate of putting in for planning permission for a side extension and a dormer roof for a 2 story attic conversion.

Side extension is grand, just want to get a rough price to include the 2 I know the building cost but not the full planning cost?

Would the plans have to be from an architect (could I use someone studying in college) ?

I am a qualified carpenter so know what to do, just the planning side is leaving me down

Appreciate the help guys ��*♂️ðŸ˜

Depends on location.
    Who you use.
    But the 2k figure sounds about right give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Prospectors

Gabes2016 wrote: »

Appreciate the help guys 👷*♂️ðŸ˜

I would agree with €2k.
    I recently paid €1500 for drawings and another €350 for council fee, advert and maps. That was for a side extension.

Advertisement