Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd car insurance

• 05-11-2020 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I’m looking for the best way to insure a second i currently have a car insured.
    Can i use named driver experience on the 2nd policy if I used it in the first policy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Boylan141 wrote: »
    Can i use named driver experience on the 2nd policy if I used it in the first policy?

No you can not. You will be treated as a driver with no no claims discount as that was applied to your first car.

From experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Boylan141 wrote: »

If it’s going to be only you as driver on both cars then your insurer will do a mirror ncb scenario.
    2 cars only 1 driver is acceptable.
    2 cars and 2 drivers then the 2nd car will be , for example, in partners/kids name as no previous experience and specifying you as additional driver.

More info needed for me to explain more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    No you can not. You will be treated as a driver with no no claims discount as that was applied to your first car.

From experience.

I would have thought the same tbh but apparently thats not the case for some insurers.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058109550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Ok, I see about using named experience on a wife's policy as an example....

Was not aware of that as that is genuinely game changer...

However I don't think that will help OP as he has already used the named experience for him main insurance if I get it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Heard an ad for these. No idea if they are any good but worth a call

https://www.insuremycars.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement