Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow on lung

• 05-11-2020 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm not looking for medical advice rather other people's experiences or outcomes. I went for a routine chest xray on my heart which showed my heart is fine but showed a shadow on one of my lungs. I've a repeat xray in about 4 weeks. Part of me thinks it's nothing but pay of me thinks tha worst and that's running away with me at the minute.
    Post edited by Capt'n Midnight on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Everyone's experience is going to be different. You should speak to your medical practitioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Updancing

Mrs Freeze wrote: »
    I'm not looking for medical advice rather other people's experiences or outcomes. I went for a routine chest xray on my heart which showed my heart is fine but showed a shadow on one of my lungs. I've a repeat xray in about 4 weeks. Part of me thinks it's nothing but pay of me thinks tha worst and that's running away with me at the minute.
    I'd the same things last year but it had disappeared in 2nd scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mrs Freeze

Everyone's experience is going to be different. You should speak to your medical practitioner.

Of course and I've spoken to my gp and have the follow up xray booked for 4 weeks time.
    It's just this waiting and not knowing is hard. He's said it may or may not be something. I'm just wondering what other outcomes people have had. Is it often the case that a Shadow on the lung is "nothing".

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mrs Freeze

Updancing wrote: »
    I'd the same things last year but it had disappeared in 2nd scan.

Thank you. I feel like I'm cracking up at times. Telling myself it's more than likely nothing but then sick with worry that it could be something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the charter

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055702312
    First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
    If you want medical advice go to your GP.

If you have a medical condition and/or are worried about any symptoms you have or therapy you receive, please go to your GP and do not post them here as they cannot be addressed on this forum.

Hopefully it's nothing.

The [URL="I see you've a thread there. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=862"]Long Term Illness[/URL] forum may have some useful information on coping. And I see you've a thread there.

THREAD CLOSED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

You did not say if you had a lung xray before - if so how long ago.

I use to work in the UK and many many years ago I was xrayed as part of a UK Goverment work health program and a shadow showed up on my lung.

So I had a follow up xrays for the next month or two, then every 3 months (until end of the year), then every six months, then yearly for a year or two.

In later life I have had full PET scans and the shadow still shows up.

Many years ago my father had TB so it could have been something I picked up from him.

I was a non-smoker when the shadow first appeared and even with that scare I took up smoking but gave it up after 15 years.

Hopefully it will turn out well - as mine did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement