Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vladimir Putin to stand down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

_Brian wrote: »
    Parkinsons is a terrible disease.

But there is some irony in this since he just last year forced through legislation making his reign essentially lifelong.

Karma’s a biitch baby !!

What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

First of all how are you seriously suggesting that people who get Parkinson's or a similar disease somehow deserved it? That there is some karma out there for getting unfortunate things like that to happen to them?

Secondly the people of Russia supported Putin lengthening his rule - both democratically through their parliaments and on the streets as well who overwhelmingly support Putin (over 70%).

So who are you to say they are all wrong? Oh that's right, you read some articles in the western media that said Putin was a bad, evil man. Oh the MPs voted in favour of Putin because they were scared not to right? Oh that must be it. It's all different in uk or irish or american parliament because reasons. That's how democracy works. It was all above board. Nobody suggests Putin is forging parliamentary votes.

Lastly, even if Putin was a bad guy, only a sick person would wish such a cruel and horrible disease on anyone.

So sit down and shut the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

I have a lot of time for Vladimir. We don't understand Russia or their history enough to know why he's loved there. He was a man I think who started off good but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The man came from the KGB, he was up to his oxters in utter dodgy ****e before he ever got a sniff of the Kremlin job. Remember when he was in the job a wet week and the Kursk sank and all the NATO countries offered their help to refloat the vessel when Putin sat back and allowed over a hundred of his own sailors die a slow, agonizing death at the bottom of the ocean because of his pathetic ego? Started off good? You're having a laugh mate. He has no soul, never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Spore wrote: »
    The man came from the KGB, he was up to his oxters in utter dodgy ****e before he ever got a sniff of the Kremlin job. Remember when he was in the job a wet week and the Kursk sank and all the NATO countries offered their help to refloat the vessel when Putin sat back and allowed over a hundred of his own sailors die a slow, agonizing death at the bottom of the ocean because of his pathetic ego? Started off good? You're having a laugh mate. He has no soul, never did.

Wouldn't say that was all about ego.........I am sure the Russians didn't want the "enemy/competition" getting a good look at one of their subs.

What a load of utter tripe. Blaming him for the Kursk tragedy, that's just a new level of low.

The cold-hearted cruelty here is all yours and your ridiculous suggestions. Why do you feel the need to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Secondly the people of Russia supported Putin lengthening his rule - both democratically through their parliaments and on the streets as well who overwhelmingly support Putin (over 70%).

70% of people according to the Kremlin and fsb

I honestly can't believe someone put the words putin , democratically and people support ,in the same sentence and believes it to be true .

Support Putin or be sent to prison on corruption charges or suffer assisted suicide at hands of fsb agents

• Advertisement

Blaming him for the Kursk tragedy,

Who else is to blame ,

He's also responsible for the 298 innocent people killed aboard flight MH17 over Ukraine, which Russian military forces shot down using a anti aircraft missile

Gatling wrote: »
    70% of people according to the Kremlin and fsb

I honestly can't believe someone put the words putin , democratically and people support ,in the same sentence and believes it to be true .

Support Putin or be sent to prison on corruption charges or suffer assisted suicide at hands of fsb agents

I think your logic is flawed because you're comparing the Russian population with a western one. Russians have been indoctrinated through the State and culture to behave or at least, lean heavily in certain directions. It's the same with China. The degree of indoctrination left over from communism/maoism, combined with a sense of history,... it affects a populace. Neither the Russian nor Chinese populations are the same as western populations. I've lived in both countries. Yes, there are those who would be against Putin or the government, but... the majority? Yeah, they'll support him, first because they have little choice (pragmatic to a fault), and because the alternatives would likely be worse.. Putin gets a load of respect in Russia... love, not really, but there's little doubt in my Russian friends that he's got Russia's best interests in his heart. And yes, there's a healthy amount of fear, but then... what Russian leader wouldn't be feared.. one who wouldn't last long in power. A strong leader... that's what they want.. and Putin is, generally, a very capable leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Good riddance to him I hope his end is slow like those he poisoned

• Registered Users Posts: 33 se25

Trump & Vlad in the same week..time to break out the beers. Nasty pair of toerags, good riddance.

Gatling wrote: »
    Who else is to blame ,

He's also responsible for the 298 innocent people killed aboard flight MH17 over Ukraine, which Russian military forces shot down using a anti aircraft missile

I'm not familiar with the Kursk sinking but I do know that Putin didn't set out to kill his own elite navy.

That was Ukrainian separatists, how could Putin have anything to do with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Say what you want about Putin, he has been a very strong leader for Russia and has done a great job for them. Russia is a beautiful country by the way, full of friendly people. We would do well with forming an alliance in that direction and moving away from the basketcases that are the US and Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, let's move away from those basketcases towards Russia. FFS.

Cordell wrote: »
    Yeah, let's move away from those basketcases towards Russia. FFS.

And what's wrong with Russia?

It really is amazing what biased media coverage can do.

What a load of utter tripe. Blaming him for the Kursk tragedy, that's just a new level of low.

The cold-hearted cruelty here is all yours and your ridiculous suggestions. Why do you feel the need to do this?

Lol, where in my post did I blame him for the Kursk tragedy? Do you need glasses mate? I blame him for his REACTION to the tragedy, not the cause.

Enquiring wrote: »
    And what's wrong with Russia?

It really is amazing what biased media coverage can do.

What, you think I'm gonna bite? ;)
    I'm Eastern European, I don't need media coverage to do the thinking for me.

Lol, where in my post did I blame him for the Kursk tragedy? Do you need glasses mate? I blame him for his REACTION to the tragedy, not the cause.
    Remember when he was in the job a wet week and the Kursk sank and all the NATO countries offered their help to refloat the vessel when Putin sat back and allowed over a hundred of his own sailors die a slow, agonizing death at the bottom of the ocean because of his pathetic ego?

How is that not blaming him for the result of it?

I never said anything about the original cause of the sinking. Think you're getting a little confused about your own outrage.

That was Ukrainian separatists, how could Putin have anything to do with that?

No proven it was a Russian weapon operated by russian forces , deployed from Russia and tracked there and back .

Sorry ted

What, you think I'm gonna bite? ;)

No, seriously, what's wrong with Russia?

Is there anything right in Russia?

Is there anything right in Russia?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This report is being disputed by the Ivan

Overheal wrote: »
    This report is being disputed by the Ivan

He's vanished from sight several times over the last few years with various reports he suffered stokes , there seem to be something different about this story been it apparently came from a Kremlin insider ,he's also been non existent during the latest conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan ,and Belarus too

Enquiring wrote: »
    No, seriously, what's wrong with Russia?

If you're Eastern European, you've got a boatload of reasons to distrust and hate Russia.. and plenty of reasons to believe that nothing has changed with them. And they'd be right.

It's different for Western Europe. We've never been occupied by Russia. That's a huge distinction... Still, I agree. better to bring Russia into the fold, but they'd completely screw the EU.. haha. Sharks in a swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah this is far from confirmed it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you're Eastern European, you've got a boatload of reasons to distrust and hate Russia.. and plenty of reasons to believe that nothing has changed with them. And they'd be right.

It's different for Western Europe. We've never been occupied by Russia. That's a huge distinction... Still, I agree. better to bring Russia into the fold, but they'd completely screw the EU.. haha. Sharks in a swimming pool.

It's Germany I'm most surprised at, they should know better.

Every time any other country try to be the voice of reason it's Germany getting in the way, and more than happy to put themselves further under Russian control.

Varik wrote: »
    It's Germany I'm most surprised at, they should know better.

Every time any other country try to be the voice of reason it's Germany getting in the way, and more than happy to put themselves further under Russian control.

TBF that's historically been Frances position in Europe.. the anti-reason movement, more interested in emotional statements. Germany... is something else entirely.

And I don't see them putting themselves under Russian control. I suspect they just want better relations with Russia, which is a good thing for Europe.. It's not good for Eastern Europe, but.. they're easy sacrifices if it means that Europe remains stable.

Personally, I suspect Russia would settle down once the former USSR borders were established. Not so much Poland, but the smaller fry, yes. Russia has never been particularly interested in expansion into Europe, in spite of the cold war propaganda. Little gain for all the headaches involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Poor man. Hope he gets better

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TBF that's historically been Frances position in Europe.. the anti-reason movement, more interested in emotional statements. Germany... is something else entirely.

And I don't see them putting themselves under Russian control. I suspect they just want better relations with Russia, which is a good thing for Europe.. It's not good for Eastern Europe, but.. they're easy sacrifices if it means that Europe remains stable.

Personally, I suspect Russia would settle down once the former USSR borders were established. Not so much Poland, but the smaller fry, yes. Russia has never been particularly interested in expansion into Europe, in spite of the cold war propaganda. Little gain for all the headaches involved.

I don't mean annexation or Germany joining CIS, I mean a threat every time that Germany raises it's voice that half of Germany will freeze and that instead of finding an alternative to such an unreliable trade partner they double down and put the Ukraine in danger by doing so.

Varik wrote: »
    I don't mean annexation or Germany joining CIS, I mean a threat every time that Germany raises it's voice that half of Germany will freeze and that instead of finding an alternative to such an unreliable trade partner they double down and put the Ukraine in danger by doing so.

Russia is never going to let Ukraine go. That's a given. Everyone knows that sooner or later, Russia will take that territory back. I can easily see Germany sacrificing Ukraine, or any other Eastern European country to secure a friendly association with Russia.

• Advertisement

How is that not blaming him for the result of it?

I never said anything about the original cause of the sinking. Think you're getting a little confused about your own outrage.

When you deny facts you've lost the debate. Good night lad.

Advertisement