Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diversion - Ballast Quay - Monday 9th November to Friday 27th November

Options
  • 06-11-2020 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

• Ballast Quay Diversion
    o In order to facilitate necessary watermain & sewer connection works at the N4/Ballast Quay Junction a diversion will be in place from Monday 9th November to Friday 27th November for traffic travelling along Ballast Quay towards the N4 Inner Relief Road as follows:
    o Cars and light goods vehicles will be diverted via Finisklin Road to the N4 Inner Relief Road;
    o HGVs and high sided vehicles will be diverted via Ballast Quay, Pirn Mill Road and Finisklin Road to the N4 Inner Relief Road.
    o Traffic travelling from the N4 onto Ballast Quay will not be impacted by the diversion.
    o Map of planned diversion route is attached

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

BronsonTB wrote: »
    • Ballast Quay Diversion
    o In order to facilitate necessary watermain & sewer connection works at the N4/Ballast Quay Junction a diversion will be in place from Monday 9th November to Friday 27th November for traffic travelling along Ballast Quay towards the N4 Inner Relief Road as follows:
    o Cars and light goods vehicles will be diverted via Finisklin Road to the N4 Inner Relief Road;
    o HGVs and high sided vehicles will be diverted via Ballast Quay, Pirn Mill Road and Finisklin Road to the N4 Inner Relief Road.
    o Traffic travelling from the N4 onto Ballast Quay will not be impacted by the diversion.
    o Map of planned diversion route is attached

Well that was an experience this evening....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

On the upside, two way traffic now back working on the N15 coming into town (No more detour that side :))

But what a nightmare at the lidl junction. (And it's for 3 weeks! :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's murder there now. I came out of Lidl at lunchtime yesterday. I ended up turning left, through Finisklen, in the Strandhill road and left onto the N4/N15. I dread to think what it'd be like between 4 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's murder there now. I came out of Lidl at lunchtime yesterday. I ended up turning left, through Finisklen, in the Strandhill road and left onto the N4/N15. I dread to think what it'd be like between 4 and 5.
    message read out on ocean this morning with niall delaney earlier said it took someone 1 hour and 45 mins to get from strandhill via finisklin to drumcliff:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Never knew this was going on and went to homeland after work. Was 1hr from the roundabout at Margreat’s cafe to cross the road at TD’s. Madness. Wouldn’t mind what I was looking for in homeland wasn’t in stock.

• Advertisement

I think that the new traffic light system at the ash lane junction is the main culprit. Thankfully I don't have to go in to work again until Thursday, this working whom home has its advantages.

Anyone know if the traffic up to the Lidl junction on the Finisklin road has gotten better as the week went on?

Need to go to Derry Taheny's at some stage but it's not urgent.

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Anyone know if the traffic up to the Lidl junction on the Finisklin road has gotten better as the week went on?

Need to go to Derry Taheny's at some stage but it's not urgent.

I was by there at lunchtime yesterday and it wasn't that bad. I did notice that a few cars ignored the road closure and drove up on the other side of the road to get out..

T-Bird wrote: »
    I was by there at lunchtime yesterday and it wasn't that bad. I did notice that a few cars ignored the road closure and drove up on the other side of the road to get out..

Really...those lights all have traffic camera's. Be interesting to see if an accident occurs if the the book is thrown at the driver on the wrong side. Those junctions along the inner relief roads are seriously under policed. The amount of red light jumpers is rising every day...(Dash cam is essential to cover yourself)

How is the work going on down there,the traffic seemed fairly normal at 8.30am when I was going to LIDL? Hopefully they are ahead of schedule!

• Advertisement

All open again at the bridge....very welcome esp with more traffic from tomorrow(Tue) onwards....

Big difference in the traffic at 8.30 at lidl, glad that bit of works is sorted anyway!

Advertisement