Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel addresspal for item from Japan

Options
  • 06-11-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi, something I want for a gift from Japan on ebay, they cant deliver to Ireland, but can the uk, can I use my parcel motel or address pal uk address? or are they only from stuff sent to my uk address from the uk? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

As long as they make it to the address they'll be accepted, no reason why they wouldn't be!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

ah cool, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just be aware depending on cost of item vat and duty could be due so you may have to factor it into your cost. I'm not sure about address pal, previously with PM I was sent a docket from Royal mail with the amount due and was able to pay royal mail and they released to PM, but im not sure if they are still doing same

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

As long as they make it to the address they'll be accepted, no reason why they wouldn't be!

what about customs charges when the item arrives in the uk?

I had a look and I think you don't have to pay customs if the amount is less than £120 or something, this is only worth £30. So unless I got that wrong should be ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I had a look and I think you don't have to pay customs if the amount is less than £120 or something, this is only worth £30. So unless I got that wrong should be ok?

A 30GBP item is very unlikely to be intercepted.

ED E wrote: »
    A 30GBP item is very unlikely to be intercepted.

I gave it a go, so fingers crossed :D

Advertisement