Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España stage 16: Salamanca to Ciudad Rodrigo (162km)

Options
  • 06-11-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-16-map-e3c5eaf015.jpg

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-16-profile-n3-3c27e76dde.jpg

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-16-finish-76df1d3ec1.png

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-16-climb-31e4607e05.jpg

vuelta-a-espana-2020-stage-16-climb-n2-d612dfeef4.jpg

Comments

Was expecting the womens race to have been shown this morning, no highlights listed even on eurosport player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Remi Cavagna is the new Thomas De Gendt... he's on the attack once again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Good man Sean about half an hour ago. Carlton banging on about what a great race it's been for the Brits, and he pointed out it's also been good for Ireland with Sam and Dan.

Wow the shots of that descent. I'd have a squeeky bum down that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Paddigol

After a rip-roaring Vuelta up to Angliru it's all gone a bit off the boil in the last week. Anything likely to happen today/ tomorrow on GC or is all too tame? (haven't had a chance to look at tomorrow's profile)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Paddigol wrote: »
    After a rip-roaring Vuelta up to Angliru it's all gone a bit off the boil in the last week. Anything likely to happen today/ tomorrow on GC or is all too tame? (haven't had a chance to look at tomorrow's profile)

It's do or die tomorrow for everyone:

XQ7aX8K82SUquboSsfY8Ck-970-80.jpg.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Paddigol wrote: »
    Yeah I agree - Sunday was great, TT on Tuesday obviously always going to shake things up, but the three stages since have been a bit tame and always looked like they would be. Tomorrow's stage looks ok but I'd have preferred summit finishes today and yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I know they've just done a Cat 1 but I don't think they flew up it and Dan Martin has no team mates at all. Unbelievble stuff form him to be in top 5 here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Go on Cavagna!

Go on Cavagna!

:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Roglic going for the sprint. Fair play to him. Nearly won too

Bonus seconds for Roglic

That finishing climb tomorrow looks fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

ITV4 highlights unblocked for me this evening. Listening to Hugh Carty, he sounds like a northern Brad Wiggins! Funny to hear him the other day compare the Mortirolo to a motorway bridge, when he did it last year, and say the Angliru is only 6 km long (for him anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Dodge wrote: »
    I know they've just done a Cat 1 but I don't think they flew up it and Dan Martin has no team mates at all. Unbelievble stuff form him to be in top 5 here

Commentators also regularly talk of lack of teammates but in most cases it barely matters.

If the riding is steady and riders getting shelled one by one, either you have it and just sit in or you're out. Doesn't really matter if you've team mates. OK you have to fetch your own grub but there is less of this towards the end anyway.

Advertisement