Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification of discount ending on energy bill

Options
  • 06-11-2020 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

After noticing that the discount period is up on a few of my utilities etc, I am normally on the ball with these things and up until this year would normally change my electricity and internet providers annually.

I have read in a few places that electricity providers are required to notify you that your discount period is up, see link from a few years ago. So did it actually come in or not?

https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/gas-electricity/new-regulator-rules-will-be-a-gamechanger-for-energy-customers/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think it did - I got multiple notifications of mine even more than 30 days out and my supplier is extremely unreliable at that sort of stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

chasm wrote: »
    After noticing that the discount period is up on a few of my utilities etc, I am normally on the ball with these things and up until this year would normally change my electricity and internet providers annually.

I have read in a few places that electricity providers are required to notify you that your discount period is up, see link from a few years ago. So did it actually come in or not?

https://www.bonkers.ie/blog/gas-electricity/new-regulator-rules-will-be-a-gamechanger-for-energy-customers/

It came in, but if your on a deal that had elapsed prior to the above new regulation they dont have to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Shelflife wrote: »
    It came in, but if your on a deal that had elapsed prior to the above new regulation they dont have to tell you.

I have been told that the discount ended a couple of months ago, but they never notified me of this and I only realised myself the other day whilst checking my last bill. The bill actually states that a discount of 10% is applied, but it only gave about less than 0.5% discount. It was when I queried this that they stated the discount ended.

Advertisement