Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir problem

Options
  • 06-11-2020 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anyone any ideas.
    I've upgraded and have a spare phone
    So I'm giving it to someone who is on Vodafone network.
    Eir told me to go online to get an unlock code comes in 14days
    However I got mine today.
    I have managed to now block the phone its now asking for the sim network puk.
    But the Vodafone puk is not blocked as I have put this back in the oringal Vodafone phone and it works fine
    When I put in the new phone which I have gifted its saying its needs the network sim Puk
    Eir said to contact Vodafone
    Vodafone said its eir
    Anyone experience this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

rd11 wrote: »
    Has anyone any ideas.
    I've upgraded and have a spare phone
    So I'm giving it to someone who is on Vodafone network.
    Eir told me to go online to get an unlock code comes in 14days
    However I got mine today.
    I have managed to now block the phone its now asking for the sim network puk.
    But the Vodafone puk is not blocked as I have put this back in the oringal Vodafone phone and it works fine
    When I put in the new phone which I have gifted its saying its needs the network sim Puk
    Eir said to contact Vodafone
    Vodafone said its eir
    Anyone experience this

You’re correct. It’s not the SIM PUK. Eir either gave you the wrong unlock code or the codes was entered wrong a few times. Had this happen last week. By the sounds of it it’s a Samsung handset. Is that correct no ? If so you have to go back to Eir and say the code didn’t work and you need them to check the code and that you now need the Unfreeze/Defreeze code as well as the unlock code. Vodafone cannot help you on this. It’s the network who locked the handset so in this case Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

A SIM PUK is for resetting a SIM PIN. This wouldn't be requested without prior requests (usually 3 requests) for a SIM PIN.

A network locked phone requires what's called a "Network Unlock Code" (NUC) to use another network's SIM.

If it's asking for NUC then it's Eir that need to resolve it. If they already provided the NUC and it didn't unlock the phone then it's also Eir you need to contact.

Advertisement