Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightning Deal Amazon

Options
  • 06-11-2020 5:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

just on the phone to Amazon a watch priced at €500 euro reduced to €20 i purchased it

now i knew it wasnt worth €500 but anyway it came was rubbish so i rang amazon about it and the guy said cause its a lighting deal,

i couldn't return it and offered €5,

i told him under the sales and supply of goods act i can send it back.

He getting back to me any ideas folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

What are you on about? You're not making much sense...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I imagine he's since found out the 'Deal' wasn't as good as advertised so is annoyed? and wants his money back but amazon won't offer him the refund.

anyway since Amazon is online you have a 14 day cooling off period that should be still valid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

ec18 wrote: »
    I imagine he's since found out the 'Deal' wasn't as good as advertised so is annoyed? and wants his money back but amazon won't offer him the refund.

anyway since Amazon is online you have a 14 day cooling off period that should be still valid?

im just asking if its a lighting deal can i not get a chance to return thats all Amazon Rep said i wasnt ,

and its not a he its a she .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes you can. Its a change of mind so you pay the return. SoGA doesn't apply.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yes you can. Its a change of mind so you pay the return. SoGA doesn't apply.

Well the returns are free im just wondering why this person was saying this surely he is misleading the customer here or trying to pull the wool over my head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Now that you’ve rewritten your post it make sense, it’s the Distance Selling Regulations that the important thing, not the SoGA which wouldn’t even apply to Amazon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Well the returns are free im just wondering why this person was saying this surely he is misleading the customer here or trying to pull the wool over my head

Amazon returns aren’t free for a change of mind? Last time I looked you paid for returns for items that aren’t incorrect, faulty etc. Here it is:

"You will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us unless we delivered it to you in error, it is faulty, or you purchased shoes, clothing and accessories"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,848 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

whiterebel wrote: »
    Amazon returns aren’t free for a change of mind? Last time I looked you paid for returns for items that aren’t incorrect, faulty etc. Here it is:

"You will be responsible for the cost of returning the product to us unless we delivered it to you in error, it is faulty, or you purchased shoes, clothing and accessories"

Note it includes watches
    Will I Be Refunded Any Return Postage Costs?
    We'll refund your return costs on items sold and/or Fulfilled by Amazon, up to our standard delivery option cost, in the following cases:

You received an incorrect item.
    You received a damaged item.
    You received a defective item.
    You received an item that does not match its description.
    You are returning shoes, clothing, jewelry, or watches.

Advertisement