Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday 6th November

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I must be getting older, as I am annoyed they didn't showcase any lovely chutneys or relishes. We aren't all mad for seaweed.

Same here. I wanted to see some chutneys and relishes. Love seaweed. A seaweed chutney would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Iodine in seaweed has antiseptic properties

Did not know that thanks.

Slight oversell though. I did not know this either.
    Normally, antiseptics weaken and slow the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms, which in turn helps to prevent the bacteria from causing further infection. Antibiotics, are responsible for killing bacteria as well as some types of fungi and parasites

Did not know that thanks.

Slight oversell though. I did not know this either.

Seaweed is good for the skin, and some forms quite nutritious. Welsh Megaman would tell ya of the traditional south Wales breakfast dish, laverbread, which is a type of seaweed typically found in Swansea Bay and dried up with oatmeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Watching Graham Norton show and laughing along and it made me think of how miserable that the late late is and I didnt even see it for weeks. . Even when I don't t see the late late it makes me miserable . The best thing about the late late is this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Seaweed is good for the skin, and some forms quite nutritious. Welsh Megaman would tell ya of the traditional south Wales breakfast dish, laverbread, which is a type of seaweed typically found in Swansea Bay and dried up with oatmeal.

Well that's me learned. I'll give it a go. I do remember hearing of lots of uses from fertiliser to cosmetics. I'll have a look so. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

https://irishseaweedkitchen.ie/

Neighbour of mine. Lovely woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Car99 wrote: »
    Watching Graham Norton show and laughing along and it made me think of how miserable that the late late is and I didnt even see it for weeks. . Even when I don't t see the late late it makes me miserable . The best thing about the late late is this thread.

Exactly, GN is having a general laugh about the lockdown and a get on with it attitude. This week is the first week since it was back that there's been no studio audience and they still managed to use either some canned audience noise or the inputs from Zoom, all well done and simple for RTE to adopt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Car99 wrote: »

Late Late show is awful, for many reasons... No money for interesting guests/features, Tubridy is just plain wierd etc. etc.... but C'mon Graham Norton show is pretty lame too. He's completely fake.... outdone only by the fake gaiety/sincerity of his guests..... whoring themselves out to publicise films/books or whatever..... trying to outdo each other with witty banter. All the while knowing exactly where they sit on the "ladder" by their position on the couch and the amount of speaking time they get.

The ONLY enjoyment I get out of Graham Norton is where a minor celebrity from down at the end of the couch completely hogs the limelight..... and the personality vacuum superstar sitting right beside Graham hardly speaks at all. Witness Robert DeNiro... and comedian Lee Mack.

John Malkovich and comedian Aisling Bhea....another example. In both cases the comedians stories were utter shi-ite.... But it filled the dead air. And Oh how everyone pretend laughed at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Late Late show is awful, for many reasons... No money for interesting guests/features, Tubridy is just plain wierd etc. etc.... but C'mon Graham Norton show is pretty lame too. He's completely fake.... outdone only by the fake gaiety/sincerity of his guests..... whoring themselves out to publicise films/books or whatever..... trying to outdo each other with witty banter. All the while knowing exactly where they sit on the "ladder" by their position on the couch and the amount of speaking time they get.

The ONLY enjoyment I get out of Graham Norton is where a minor celebrity from down at the end of the couch completely hogs the limelight..... and the personality vacuum superstar sitting right beside Graham hardly speaks at all. Witness Robert DeNiro... and comedian Lee Mack.

John Malkovich and comedian Aisling Bhea....another example. In both cases the comedians stories were utter shi-ite.... But it filled the dead air. And Oh how everyone pretend laughed at the end.

But Norton doesn't make you miserable. I've never seen my wife crying after listening to a Graham Norton guest . An entertainment show that constantly has guests that tug at the heart strings on a Friday night after a long week is a waste of time. And 99% of the time it's a guest whos story is already very well publicised by the media so it's not giving a new voice to an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'm a regular viewer, but last night I found the show so interesting that I fell asleep at 10:30..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Advertisement