Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid fee

Options
  • 06-11-2020 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good Evening

I received a message from BOI with regards to a direct debit for TV Licence.  The message was sent to me at 15.39 asking to transfer fees if needed by 15.30. As the message was sent after the requested time I was unable to transfer funds on time.  As soon as I did transfer funds, the unpaid fee was taken out straight away.  I have never missed any direct debit & would not have missed this one if the message had been sent on time.  
    I would appreciate if the unpaid fee could be waived and refunded to my account.

Kind Regards
    Yvonne 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

When a Direct Debit is due to leave your account, you might receive a text from us to remind you to lodge funds to avoid an unpaid fee. These are automated courtesy texts which will not be sent each time a payment is due. 

As funds were unavailable to meet the Direct Debit payment, we would not be in a position to refund this unpaid fee I'm afraid. A Direct Debit is an agreement between you and a company and we would recommend keeping track of when payments are due to avoid an unpaid fee as our texts will not be sent each time. 

If you would like to look into this further, our complaints team will certainly investigate this in full. I will attach a link below to our online complaints form.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we can do please get in touch.

Many thanks, 
    Megan

Advertisement